Johnny Cash and John Ritter have died

by obiwan 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

So sad, so sad.

To lose not one, but two of the greats in American entertainment!

I remember as a small boy watching the Johnny Cash Show on television and listening to him sing about trains and prison, hobos and long lost loves. I learned to play the guitar by watching him do chord changes as he sang.

And John Ritter...What a funny guy! His old show, Three's Company, was the funniest program on American TV back in the seventies. His new show, Eight Rules... was just just hitting its stride.

My heart goes out to their families.

Goodbye Johnny and John...and thank you.

Cyrus

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

John Ritter is a big shock. Johnny Cash, i think we were expecting that.

Too bad about Ritter. Only 54. Our family really liked his new show, and were fans from the first episode. It was so true to life, (raising tweens and teens and all the angst) . Very sad, for his family.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Makes me think maybe he neglected things out of grief.

Well, June only died about a month ago, and she was his everything. I've seen it happen to many old couples. It happened to my grandparents. When you have a real relationship, and your true other-half dies, you lose your connection to this life, I think. You just let yourself go.

ash

• shera
    shera

Very sad,I loved John Ritter,funnie guy.

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is such a shock. I loved both of them.

One of my boys was a huge Johnny Cash fan when he was about 5 or 6, and played "Ring of Fire" all the time.

So sad.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Like LW, I woke up to the news of their passing. How very sad.

I believe that the grief took Johnny Cash.

What a shock to the Ritter family.

Both will be greatly missed.

Lisa

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

What a sad day. My parents were big Johnny Cash fans. I didn't think Johnny would do well after he lost June this year, but I'm shocked about John Ritter. So sad. They will be missed.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Some of us are at an age when all those who were part of our world are dying. It's times like this when we see our own mortality.

RIP Johnny.

Ozzie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

June Carter Cash died in May. She died the same day as my grandmother. Johnny Cash looked so sad and ill at the funeral. It was a tragedy. My first thought...he isn't far behind. I hate to think those things, but it seems to happen that way. However my grandmother outlived her spouse by almost 35 years!

John Ritter's death is a total shock to the entertainment world, Hollywood community and his legions of fans. I remember him as the minister in tennis shorts who married Ted and Georgia on one of the later episodes of "Mary Tyler Moore." What a funny show. It comes around every so often on TV Land. John Ritter seemed to play ministers early in his career, as he was a minister on "The Waltons." John Ritter was beloved by the Hollywood community, considered one of the nice guys who always showed up at charity events, social events, things like that. He had remarried and had a 5 year old daughter. Poor little girl, now she won't have her daddy.

We'll miss them both...

Why are we losing so many in Hollywood this year?

• Special K
    Special K

Two of my teenage kids and I, heard it on the radio, as I drove them to school

Johnny Cash.. I sung them some of the song "I walk the line".. they curled up their noses. They are not into country,

However, when we talked about "John Ritter".. from "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter".. Well, that was different because we all like to watch that.

Shocked at John Ritters premature death.

so sad

sincerely

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit