Who are the 24 Elders?

by LittleToe 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I'll vouch fur that! gumby snuck over to my house and helped me get drunk this morningshame shame

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Gumby

Having sex with your own daughters was not on the list of things that are displeasing to god yet. Therefore, he did not sin.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby

Having sex with your own daughters was not on the list of things that are displeasing to god yet. Therefore, he did not sin.

I wonder if there was a specific law about diving a jet into the twin towers? I do hope you are joking? Gumby

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

L. T.,

One Bible commentary I have says the 24 elders are a representative of either the whole company of believers in heaven or an exalted angelic order worshipping and serving God there. "24 is often understood to reflect the 12 Israelite tribes of the OT and the 12 apostles of the NT."

• integ
    integ

I would like SWORD OF JAH'S comment on this.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Holy cow gang...this one is too easy...no rocket science involved at all.

Follow me now...

Twevle Tribes of Israel +

Twelve Apostles=

24 Elders

And they represent the fullness and unity of the Church...Old and New Israel united as one body...that both the Old and New are valued in God's eyes and all point to and worship God...Holy Cow, Ya'll knew that...right?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Twevle Tribes of Israel +

Twelve Apostles=

Judas Iscariot is one of the 24 elders?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Judas was replaced by Matthias

• jgnat
    jgnat

Didn't Judas get replaced by that dude who waited on widows and got stoned to death? ...here it is, Stephen, Acts 7. But waitta minute, he was one of seven men appointed. And there were twelve disciples already mentioned in the middle of Acts. Oh, right, Matthias won spot twelve by lottery. Acts 1:26.

What I really wanna know, who are the seven stars in Revelation 3:1? The Watchtower says it is the seven characteristics of the WTBTS (pathetic answer).

• gumby
    gumby
    And they represent the fullness and unity of the Church...Old and New Israel united as one body...that both the Old and New are valued in God's eyes and all point to and worship God

So your saying a muslim can be one of the 24? Or would New Israel be only Jews? Or is New Israel "spiritual Israel" as the dubs believe and some christian?. So many to choose from and so little time

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit