Who are the 24 Elders?

by LittleToe 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

Gumby you really are a heathen

Noah got caught naked by his sons after too much vino...and the only thing he had sex with was that good looking Lama on the Ark.....It was a year for gods sake.

Lot was the pervert who managed to grab a wine flask while being dragged out of Sodom and proceeded to have sex with his daughter.....which the bible does not seem to despise in this instance...like two daughters would ever have the discussion and plan to intoxicate thier daddy to have sex with him...ewwww that's just gross.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Aaron David Habakkuk Isaiah Malachi Obadiah
    Abraham Elihu Haggai Jacob MicahSamuel
    Amos Elijah Hosea Jeremiah Moses Zechariah
    Daniel Ezekiel Isaac Joel Noah Zephaniah

Valis, where did you get that from?

I hadn't come up with a list yet, but that was the general idea I had.
    So far I had considered Enoch, Moses, Elijah, and possibly the twelve apostles...

• Valis
    Valis

LT...I did a quick search, but here's where I got the list..

http://www.revelations-unsealed.com/revel/rev16.htm

dude...I think I got the hang of the Renga thing...don't forget to check...eheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• archangel01
    archangel01

The 144,000 the 24 elders the great crowd the angels are All before the throne in Heaven. So maybe it's to prove that everyone is in the same location !

• Brummie
    Brummie

Interesting thread littletoe

This is probably a dumb question but wouldnt John have recognised some the apostles in the vision? Like the apostles recognised Moses & Elijah in the transfiguration? yet he talked about the elders as if he wasnt familair with who they were. Just a thought, but the ideas of Valis & yourself are very interesting.

Brummie

• Valis
    Valis

Brummie...cat ass...I just foumd the list. However, as with so many instances in the bible the figures in the old testament are used to bring validity to new prophecy. I suppose if you look at it this way it doesn't take great leaps of faith to think there is some newer more mysteriously prophetis message in Revelation.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Brummie:I was considering that he was "outside" the ring of thrones and the mass of angels. They were also supposed to be in glorified bodies. Jesus wasn't recognised to him, in his resurrected body, either. The guy was nearly 100, maybe his eyesight was failing, too

Like I said, it's just speculation, but I'll have a looksee at Valis's reference, sometime over the weekend.

Archangel01:
    Your point is agreeable, if the JW's are indeed wrong on this. It still doesn't explain who they are, though.

Valis:I suspect it's one of those "ya had to be there" things.
    It probably made more sense in the first century, when John could explain verbally what he meant but that stuff (since these ones bear the title "the 24 Elders", and he didn't need to ask about them.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Jesus wasn't recognised to him, in his resurrected body, either

*slaps side of head* of course, durrr. I said it might be a dumb question en it.

The guy was nearly 100, maybe his eyesight was failing, too

snigger

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Formorly known as 24 Elders, now going by 24E, this band was originally a threesome

Proof of the trinity! IT'S TRUE!

• gumby
    gumby
    Noah got caught naked by his sons after too much vino...

Shotgun,

Boy do I feel like an ass!!! And I forgot it was lot....

I knew that.....I swear I did!! I myself, had to much vino when I typed that as I remember.

Yes, it was Lot as you mentioned who commited insest twice. Noahs the one who made an ass out of himself when in a drunken stupor and blamed his son for it. He was a cool dad though

Gumby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit