Got My Grades From College!

by Lindy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

I did it! I got a 3.611! I am so proud. Just got my grade today in the mail. Not bad for an old lady who hasn't looked in a school book for a very long time! In the begining I thought I'd never make it through but I did. And about half way through I knew I'd be okay. I have not had such a great time in a long time. I loved learning and forgot what it felt like. I got A's in everything but my Software Fundamentals, in which I recieved a B-. That is what kept me form the 4.0. But that is okay, I know a lot more about computers now and I know I HATE Excel!!!!
    I'm signed up for 15 credits this fall, but most sound like things I will love. I know that it is hard work (which it was very difficult to do at times) to get those grades but I love the feeling of accomplishment and knowing so much more! The students were great too. Some older adults, but mostly younger ones. But once they got to know me, and me them, it was a lot of fun! The college I go to is relatively small and very homey. The professors and intructors are fantasitic! I dread going onto the main campus in two years. Even the professors hate to go there once they have been on our campus. Plus up have to deal with the traffic and inner city. Now I am in a country setting. But that is two years off and I will deal with it then.
    Just letting ones I know, that may be interested, I made it!!

Lindy (Antique)

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((((Auntie)))))))))))))))I knew you would,Im not surprised!!!
    Keep up the good work hun!! We're proud of ya! luv,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Jang
    Jang

Good for you Lindy! That is a real accomplishment!

JanG

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Lindy,

Don't think we've met but wanted to say congrats to you! I know what it's like...finally graduated from a 2 year college (took 3 years lol) and am nervously anticipating beginning university in the fall! Here's proof that it can be done!
    Way to go

Dana

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
    Somebody else

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Lindy:

Brilliant!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Expatbrit

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What?!? You didn't get a 3.8, what the HELL did we spend all that money for? Geeshh, ingrate!

Just kidding GREAT JOB.

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• teejay
    teejay

congratulations, Lindy.

that's good to hear. i am encouraged to know that others are
    going to school even though they are older and have families.
    i know i waited longer than i should have to go back and getting
    a degree is years away, but i like the atmosphere and learning
    new things and ways of looking at the world is inspirational.

keep up the good work!

peace,
    todd ~ a student.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

[b]Congratulations Lindy![/b/]

I hope you find an old frame for it

BIG (((HUG))) .. unc

I'm proud of you and Todd (a tad behind ya but I'll get there)

• JAVA
    JAVA

Lindy (and other school kids),

Congratulations for a job well done! It's great seeing folks take control, go forward, and have fun doing it. Sometimes I think non-traditional students do better because they fall in love with learning. All the crap the Tower told about college was nothing more than another of their long list of lies in order to keep the slaves selling their swill. Way to go all of you!!!!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• mommy
    mommy

Lindy,
    That is GREAT! I am returning to school this fall after a very long absence, and am kinda scaried, but can't wait! Your story is an inspiration to all. Thank you for sharing.

Teejay,
    I also have been inspired by what you have accomplished. Please continue to share
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit