Got My Grades From College!

by Lindy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Congradulations!!!!! I'm sooo jealous! I should seriously consider going back to school after the fine example that you are setting!

What sucks is that I had scholarships at graduation but "had" to turn them down. Never too late though!

Congradulations!!!!!

Slipnslideius Masterus: Strength and Honor ...

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Auntie..you ole sod you,

Great news. Your words are full of life. I remember in the not to distant past...a different tone, courtesy the WTBS legacy we both shared for so long. When you can devote 30+ years to a cult, turn around and do what you have, I think I'am safe in saying...you have beaten em'lady!

Congrads and well done! Between you and the Uncle Cheeky, I now face the grim reality of being one of the few 'unlearned'(is there such a word?) left among the apostate community.

Thanks for sharing your success.

Danny

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Congratulations!!! I didn't go to college after high school only becasue of that evil organization, and I've been so angry about it these last 30 years that I decided to do something about it. I'm taking 12 credits during the summer semester so on Aug 3, I'll have 60 of the 120 credits I need for a degree in Spanish. I've found it surprisingly easy to take 12 credits and work full time. I wish I would have started a long time ago. Like as soon as I left the borg. Anyway it's done a lot for my confidence. I used to be afraid to write and now I love it. I got A's in both English Composition 101 and 102. Before I didn't think I be able to get a C. I plan to work on a masters degree after I finish my BA. Keep up the good work. You'll never regret it!
    ChrisVance

• teejay
    teejay

Chris,

>>I wish I would have started a long time ago. I used to be afraid
    >>to write and now I love it. I got A's in both English Composition 101
    >>and 102. Before I didn't think I be able to get a C. I plan to work on
    >>a masters degree after I finish my BA.

we've had similar journeys, it seems. i'm at the point where i'm getting
    over my disappointment with myself for having waited so long go to college
    (i'm 43), but i love it and wish i would've gone back a lot sooner. like you,
    i loved English -- hated it in school -- and now believe that any subject
    can be interesting if the instructor has a fire within.

i don't think i have time for a Masters, though. i started back last summer,
    got my grades today, and found that i have 15 credits accumlated. with a
    little one at home (i see parks, concerts, soccer games in my future) and
    working full time, i'm schooling as much as i can, but even a basic degree
    is years away. but i love school, and i believe i appreciate it now more than
    i would have if i'd have gone sooner. naaah, probably not. i always did
    like school.

anyway, you wrote a nice note. very encouraging to me. thanks Simon, for
    this board. wind in my sails. wind in my sails.

peace,
    todd

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Teejay, I admire what you're doing. As far as school is concerned I have it a lot easier since there's no little one in my life. But of course a little one provides a lot of satisfaction and joy too. I work at the university that I attend, so that makes it easier, and my partner lets me get away with doing very little around the house. I encourage you to continue to take however many classes you can, since you enjoy learning. Going to college obviously isn't for everyone, but for those of us who enjoy it, it's sure worth the effort.
    Chris

• COMF
    COMF

Ooh, ah... an educated woman... I'm feeling aroused...

COMF

• larc
    larc

Congrats Lindy,

The first step is the hardest, and you passed it with flying colors.

Being at a small branch of alarge university is a good way to start. Once you have your two years in, the move to the big campus in Akron won't be that bad. It is big there, but I am sure that you will find good people there too.

By the way, I think that those who have been deprived of an education, for whatever reason, then seek one, have a greater thirst for knowledge and often do better than the young students who take it for granted.

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Way to go Antique,

Great achievement indeed.

Go girl go.

THP

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL@COMF,

Settle Cap'n, control that arousal instead of letting it control you! How sleasy talking about aunty like that! OK you settled? ... now direct it toward celebrat'n with antique at some sleasy saloon with slow music and a dusty dance floor .. you never know your luck in the big star state ;)

• Lindy
    Lindy

WOW! Thanks each and every one of you for all the comments, it's so encouraging!

Dannybear: Yes, I remember those days in the not so distant past and I am thankful every day that I can go forward away from them. You are not "unlearned" Danny. You are considerably wealthy in knowledge. I didn't realize until I went back to college how much I did know. I had the advantage over the younger students many times. Believe me, you would have the same advantage.
    If you want to and can, go back. It took me three whole years to get the nerve and now I wish I had just gone. I would be done now! LOL But each day is anew and with its decisions.
    Now I know why my father was self taught. He just couldn't sit still and not take in more knowledge. He taught himself several languages and he would write little poems and draw cartoon pitures all the time. He loved books and read and read. It is probably what kept his mind active into his mid 80's before he died.
    My Mother on the other hand, found the JWs and even though she had a great mind, it stagnated. What a shame, and what a waste.

COMF: You evil man you!! Thanks sweetie, I love you too!

Unc: You ole sweetheart, Hugs back to you! You are hardly behind sweetheart! Your way with words and your wit tells me that you are ahead of many of us!

SlipNSlide: Go back! It is something else! It does something to you to know that it isn't to late to do anything. It is a great ego booster too! It is hard work but, like everything else, you get back what you put in. I still am having a hard time believing all the A's. And I am slightly fearful of the fall. But now I know I can do it! So if I can, anyone can!

Tina: I am glad you knew, now I do! I was scared to death! But you have encouraged me up until now and I thank you. It has meant so very much to know others are there for you!

Chris and Teejay, Way to go! I am a lot older than you guys, so if I can start now, you guys can finish up! I also hated english in HS, but love it so far in college!

Dana: What a thrill to get through the first years. Now on to the finish line. You did well up until now, you'll do fine this fall too!

expatbrit: Thank you so much!

HighPriest: Thank you for the cheers! It means a lot.

larc: Thanks, I just try not to think of Akron campus, it is a while away. I am sure once I get used to it, I will be fine. My daughters will be going too, so that will help.

mommy: I was scared to death! I just went, didn't think about it, and kept on truckin'! The first couple of weeks were the hardest but I found that if I asked questions of the instructors and the students things were a lot better. If I can do it, you can. Once you get settled and going and you realize that you are at an advantage as a non-traditional student you will do fine! It does something to you, boosts your confidence. Best wishes to your starting! Like I said before, it took me three years to get the nerve to start!

Yerusalyim: Don't laugh, I was upset that the software fundamentals class brought my average down. I worked my butt off to learn too. Of course if I hadn't, my grade would have been worse than the B- I did get, so I should shut up! I told the instructor that this class was bringing my average down. I was joking with her, of course. I just couldn't get passed that excel!! I did love the rest of the class though! Word and Power Point are so cool!!

JAVA: Thanks so much for the encouragement to all of us. Support is so imoportant as we all found out after leaving behind the WTBTS and all of its damage.

Again, thank you everyone for so much love and caring. It means the world to me. And I hope that it has encouraged others reading this to do there best in life and enjoy it, to do the things that they thought impossible in the WTBTS and that there is so much more in the life we live now. Not to put off to the "new system" what can be done today!!

As Always,
    Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit