Do You Vote and/or Get Involved In Politics Now?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Since I left the JW I have voted twice: once on federal scale (i contributed to the the current German chancellor), once on local scale

STrange but good feeling - voting for the first time. They had to explain it to me what to do.

• arancia
    arancia

I did vote in my country,then I became an australian citizen and I was voting in australia as well. But than I became a JW and as every one know the rest of the story" No part of the world ". My husband and I left the organisation a year ago.sooooooooooo we will vote next time as we always did in the past. CIAO TO ALL ARANCIA

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sure do!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Voting was always said to be so wrong that even voting in a union was considered a no-no. Voting in school was prohibited. Even calling your congressman is considered inappropriate.

• patio34
    patio34

Do I vote? Yes!!! I can't wait to cast my ballot AGAINST George W and the regime!!!

Pat

• minimus
    minimus

I think George W will get re-elected.

• blondie
    blondie

I do for certain issues. A law is before the legislature in my state to require clergy to report child abuse cases.

Blondie

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Nope; can't risk it yet. I have begun to contribute to some causes, specifically environmental ones. Clean Water Action is a good one for me. As for Gray Davis: you californians had the chance to do something about voting him out at the last election; you BLEW it. Now that he is in, why do you whine like a spoiled child that didn't get his way? To me, this recall is a complete end run around the democratic process. P

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"To me, this recall is a complete end run around the democratic process."

What's the democracy in letter a loser stay in office to completely destroy the state? Since when did Democracy become currying favors with special interest groups who are financing you? Since when did democracy allow for breaking the law (as in allowing illegal immigrants driver's licenses).

Democracy is about letting the people decide. Sounds like a a significant group of the people don't want Davis to govern their state any longer.

Sorry, but I don't find the "you made your choice, now live with your mistake" to be a particularly compelling description of democracy.

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if a Democrat posted that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit