Do You Vote and/or Get Involved In Politics Now?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Absolutely.

For now, getting rid of Gov. Davis is a huge priority. Damn idiot.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Yes, I just registered a month ago, and placed my first vote in a special election in Oregon. Pretty cool.

Vita

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes. I lean towards being a Democrat. I am also Pro-Choice.

But..............if I were in California, I would be supporting Gov. Davis

• nowisee
    nowisee

left jw's in '76. '

the first time i voted was in '84. against reagan. (for ((sort of)) mondale). then again in '88. against bush (for ((sort of)) dukakis). then in 92 for clinton. i particularly liked his objectives re healthcare for all. in 96 i was on the way to vote (so was my husband -- who was never a jw). i was going to vote for clinton, he was going to vote for dole. unbeknownst to each other we both at the last second voted libertarian. (the candidate's name escapes me right now). i just couldn't go through with voting for clinton again. in 2000 i voted for gore. (OH PLEASE, let's not get into that fiasco). over the years from l984 to 200l i voted democrat, republican, libertarian and independent -- most often on the losing side. the only presidential candidate i ever contributed to was jerry brown!!

now that i have become a Christian i have stopped voting again. go figure.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Although I'm not able to vote, I'm involved in politics. Just can't decide who to vote for in the upcoming federal election (Progressive Conservative, Alliance, or Green?; I like greens evironmentally and fiscally whilst the two formers for their social stuff)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yep!! And it feels damn good...if nothing else it buys me four years of whining rights when the person I voted for didn't get in.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I have to say I am heartened that so many are active in the political process. Joanna makes a great point - to paraphrase the lottery folks, you can't whine if you don't play.

• Aztec
    Aztec

"you can't whine if you don't play."

Of course you can! I play and I don't care who whines. Voter or not you have a right to whine if you want to.

I vote and whine...LOL! I've been very politically active since my early twenties when I had my son. I want to make the world a better place for him. I encourage everyone to become active in politics. If you like or dislike the way your country, state, municipality is run...vote! But, I won't judge you either way.

~Aztec

• jelly
    jelly

Very politically active.

Here in California Davis just signed a law that pretty much allows you to get a drivers liscense by just walking into a DMV and telling them your name and that your an illegal alien. With the motor-voter legislation this means they can vote also. I plan on getting as many new DLs as I can and I am going to see how many times I can vote just to show how flawed the current system is. I am thinking of webcasting it just to show people the screwed up system.

I honestly think vote 40+ times will not be a problem, the only limitaion is how many names I can come up with. I'll just pencil in the name on my dog on the ballets so I dont screw up the election, my dog is probably more qualified than any Cali legislator anyway.

Terry

• badwillie
    badwillie

I am involved in politics now. The upcoming Presidential elections (primary & general) are some of the most important we have ever faced.

To find out why click here: http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=6455&security=1&news_iv_ctrl=1321

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit