Remark at memorial about growing annointed numbers

by Gorbatchov 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Magic numbers, 144,000 etc. Its a house of cards ready to crash again as it did in 1914 when the big "A" didn't occur and many left. Its like waves going in and out. 1918, 1925, 1948, 1975, 1986, 2000 and on and on. This magic number was supposed to fade to nothing. Now it grows every year. Something isn't right. Oh, that's right, the cult is wrong again.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As usual the organization misses the point. Most people are partaking not because of a special calling but it's a command from Jesus at john:6 for all his followers!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

If you asked one of the servers at the Memorial why they passed the plate and glass to everyone they would say, 'that is what Jesus said to do.' One could then reply, 'that is the exact same reason why I partook.'

At the last supper the only ones who partook were the ones who were not "anointed."

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So now they're saying that it's OK for the numbers of partakers to grow and back when I was growing up the number was supposed to get smaller and smaller, yup, the Dubs certainly are the only "TRUE" religion on earth. . .

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Flipp said

The GB will pull any reason out of their anus to make anything work.

Thats good.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

It's interesting that it was even mentioned in your KHs. Here the speaker didn't even start to talk about 'how many are still left'. It was a good speech, even though the Rutherfordisms were present.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Gorbatchov: - feeling annointed because of former believe

A somewhat older elder who goes to our Kingdom Hall is apparently (evidently) of the anointed– and the interesting thing is that he grew up a conscientious French Catholic and pursued vocational training in the catechism of the Catholic Church, eventually attaining a relatively significant opportunity therein.

Now, isn’t it quite the coincidence that this man who had long aspired toward the ranks of Catholicism has, as it turned out, becomerone of the 144,000 anointed (of the JW persuasion, of course).

Former beliefs, indeed!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Personally I think the numbers are increasing because people see it as an opportunity for Corporate advancement.

After all, if you can convince yourself the Watchtowers doctrine isn't full of holes, you can convince yourself of anything.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Smiddy3 - want the reward when they die and not be waiting in a grave for God knows how long.
    Seeing so many of their elderly faithful brothers and sisters die without gaining their reward or seeing the New System in their lifetime.

Two really good points. An immediate resurrection to heaven is a better hope than waiting indefinitely in the grave.

The second point about seeing so many die that expected to walk into the New System, may be weakening the faith of some. If they don’t want to leave the religion for various reasons, but no longer fully believe the GB, they may be starting to realize that all are supposed to partake and don’t want to risk not properly being involved in the memorial celebrations.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The elder said during the memorial “with growing JW numbers it would not be a surprise that the annointed number is growing. There could be a correlation between it”.

I an currious If this was in the script.

Because it was an Amsterdam congregation, it could be a liberal suggestion. The Dutch are not known for their strictness and loyality. We like to think on our own.

A recent CO told our congregation that Dutch witness make a cost / benefit calculation and are thinking “what’s in it for me” first.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit