HELP!!! HELP!!!! HELP!!!!!!

by proudassmonkey 56 Replies latest jw friends

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

ok i need some help from who ever has dealt w. their jw parents. this is the email i got from my parents:
    Dear Melissa,

You are the first to say you can’t be a hypocrite to your self. Neither can we. Please take the time to read this letter. You know very well that your mother and I love you dearly. We haven’t be able to give you all that you’ve requested of us, but when it was very important we’ve at least tried to help you. We want to tell you that it’s a hard thing to remind you of how as Jehovah’s servants we follow the scriptural admonition to not be eating with one who has turned their back on the teachings we get from the bible. There is no doubt in our minds of how we need to be. Though there is great sorrow in our hearts with the path you chose. We feel out of all our children (except for Sara) you are the most kind hearted one of the family and you show the most feeling and compassion than all of us, and that is one of the things we love about you.

This last conversation and disrespectful response was a direct challenge for us to choose between obedience to what the scriptures teach us or not , and we have got to listen. Yes you are right that it may not be right in your eyes, or in the eyes of people who are not Jehovah’s witnesses who may think it is wrong. Your mother and I can’t just choose what we want to believe and what we don’t what to believe. We can’t just take the beliefs and choose from column A and then some from B. You know what we believe. That’s not how we do things, we need to accept all that is written.

We know you have gone through many hard things in your life, that is not a question. All five of you where given the same direction, only two of you accepted the course to not follow Jehovah. That is your decision. We are not going to change as we have limitations that we need to keep to. We are not forcing you to change your mind, we can do nothing to make you see things differently. The times you’ve called were, in my mind, because you needed to talk to us as your parents. There have been times you called your mother and may have talked longer because you are so dear to us, but I hope you didn’t think we were ignoring our stand with Jehovah. If that’s the case then we are sorry if we sent you mixed messages.

I’m sorry this choice had to be put directly in front of us like this and choice is a hard one but again we need to be true to ourselves and to our God, Jehovah. We would love nothing more than to be a united family again. It breaks our heart to have come to this point. We are still here for you whenever you need us, but we can’t go out to dinner with you! Only you can change that now.

Love,

Dad & Mom

how do i respond? i don't want to sound too apostate, yet i don't want them to think that there is a chance i will EVER let the borg drag me again. what do i do? i honestly do not care about ever speaking to them again. so my initial feeling is don't dignify that w/ a response but doesn't that mean that they win? they got there say and i don't get any? anyone who has been there before please help me out.
    one proudass monkey

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We want to tell you that it’s a hard thing to remind you of how as Jehovah’s servants we follow the scriptural admonition to not be eating with one who has turned their back on the teachings we get from the bible
    I wonder where they got that from... where is that in the bible?

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

i don't know..... they think so also.... how can i make page breaks or whatever they are called? (showing my board ignorance)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just press [Enter] and make sure the "Check here to use HTML formatting" box is checked (it is just above the Submit button)

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

We can’t just take the beliefs and choose from column A and then some from B. You know what we believe. That’s not how we do things, we need to accept all that is written.

this just blows me away!!!! i'm totally stunned. girl, i sent you a pm, but im'a do some quick research and then send you another soon.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Melissa

Take the high road

Let them know you understand their position and although you don't like it you will respect it. And let them know you love them and your door is open

JMO - Lee

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

oops

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

ok here's the thing with them:
    in their eyes the FDS has never been wrong. they are so brainwashed NOTHING will open their eyes.
    i have been trying for soooo long and it doesn't work. i seriously can not try any more. they haven't done anything to see things from where i stand. i just want to be accepted for who and what i am. and it hurts so much not to be. i want to feel bad for getting out. but that little voice inside my head sings everyday FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!! and i just smile and hold my head higher because i know i can think for myself. i can think whatever i want whenever i want.
    can i be the one to cut off my parents?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

here's something from the watchtower's official site - here's the link as well http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1988/4/15/article_01.htm

Cutting off from the Christian congregation does not involve immediate death, so family ties continue. Thus, a man who is disfellowshipped or who disassociates himself may still live at home with his Christian wife and faithful children. Respect for God's judgments and the congregation's action will move the wife and children to recognize that by his course, he altered the spiritual bond that existed between them. Yet, since his being disfellowshipped does not end their blood ties or marriage relationship, normal family affections and dealings can continue.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It was a very hard decision for me... but after four years of trying to "get along" with my JW family and their shunning, I decided that they were not worth it.

The moment I dropped them from my life and found new people to be my "family" I became a much more happy person.

Damn... it really was a hard thing to do... but it was worth it. I just had to move on.

I wish you the best of luck... maybe you will be able to get through to them.

(((proudassmonkey)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit