Update Please on Reasons for KH Sales

by snugglebunny 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Sorry. I've been out of the loop somewhere along the line. The WT is trying to raise money I guess. Is this in anticipation of major pay-outs to child abuse victims? Or something else?

• sir82
    sir82

Unless they release their financial documents, no one can really say for sure.

They'll release their financial documents about the same time that Trump joins a Mexican monastery.

Until then, it's all just speculation - some clues but nothing concrete.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They are simply following the sears-Kmart business model!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is being much more aware or actively involved in real estate sales and development, more so than any other time in its history.

Why ? well maybe they are trying to sustain the organization through the sales of the properties it holds , Kingdom Halls and alike.

The sell off of many of its branches around the world in the last decade including the big sell off of its numerous buildings in Brooklyn New York , which cultivated close to 2 billion dollars $ US, is indicative to just how rich the WTS is in its property holdings.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Piss poor attendance. Empty seats. It's discouraging to show up to an empty hall! The wt knows that and this is their way of trying to mask the tide of 'no shows'. Put 2-3 congregations together and the hall is at least 75% occupied, maybe!

True story! I gave a talk in a congregation that is in semi rural foothill community in the Santa Cruz hills in California. The congregation had 65 publishers. I got there 25 minutes early and no one was there. I thought I got the time wrong but waited till 8 minutes before the meeting was scheduled to start when a family arrived and opened the kh. The meeting started on time at 10 am and only 8 people were in the audience when I began. 3 of those in the audience came with me! Total of 19 by the time the talk ended. I thought it was me (lol) being a sh*tty speaker but one of the elders said that their meeting attendance only averaged about 30 for Sunday!

just saying!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the official reason Watchtower gave is that they were in the middle of planning a massive program of KH construction when it suddenly dawned on them that most KHs are half empty. So instead of building KHs they decided to start merging them instead to make the best use of resources.

• Half banana
    Half banana

When an organisation sells of its assets just to maintain its already reduced commitments, you know that something is seriously wrong with the financial health of that organisation.

What is at the heart of the JW delusion? It is a business at heart and that heart is dying.

It is inevitable that the negativity created by this situation will feed down from HQ to the rank and file and will greatly increase the number of leavers which in turn amplifies the problems.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They're selling them because they have too many halls and not enough bums on seats to fill them. I think why wouldn't they sell something they have an excess of? Attendance overall has been dwindlng for years they would be stupid not to sell them and consolidate congregations.

Ah, but first they had to make sure they owned them hence the great "forgiveness of loans" from the great and powerful Oz.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They're selling KH"s because it's a cash & grab.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I wonder if they're also short on elders for each congregation? For no particular reason I recall that when my father decided that we as a family would should become "Need is greaters, we were sent to a congregation that was almost 200 strong that had no-one in it who was qualified to become a PO. So my Dad took over. When he moved on years later, they bussed in a "locum" PO from nearby Bristol. When I returned to the area decades on, they were still bussing in a locum PO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit