I'm back, and survived the plane flight!!

by ScoobySnax 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Just got back from Corfu today, naturally looking like a bronzed adonis. Had a fantastic time with my brother and his girlfriend, and a girl from work. Spent way too much money, was rat-assed every night...... BigTex/Nina are right Ouzo gives you a wicked headache the following morning, thank god for "Resolve" powders.

Even the plane flight wasn't as bad as I thought, even though it was a bit bumpy on the ride home. Hired a car and saw some of the Island, beautiful scenery, sandy beaches, secluded coves, olive groves and historical monuments. The Greeks are such fantastically warm and friendly. We took loads of photos, so once I get them developed, I'll try and get them up, once I've edited them!! Tonight the rest of the family got to see the camcorder film we took, how embarrasing was that, Nick took it out to the bars to film and clearly I imagined I was Justin Timberlake on that dancefloor!! (after several cocktails and samboucca (?) shots.)

Holiday Record was "Where is the Love" by Black eyed Peas......check it out, had to go buy it today, reminds me of the laugh we all had.

Anyway, gotta go find the aftersun...... Hope you're all ok. (This is sounding like a postcard now!!)

Scott (aka Costos Miakrios)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Welcome Home Scooby....WOOHOO! GREEK WOMEN ARE HOT (when they shave)

• Been there
    Been there

Glad you're home safe and sound Scooby, good to hear you had a great time. Yeru, stop teasing him bout them women.

• Hamas
    Hamas

My man at the airport didn't do a very good job

But welcome back

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome back Scooby!

Glad that you had such a great trip! Don't let the after holiday blues get to you like they get to me. If they do, start planning your next vacation! It works wonders.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Shamus....the brochures are already out!!

Yeru..... whats wrong with a hairy woman?>??? (yuk)

Beenthere.... ta mate

Hamas.... good to see you're still here, your man at the airport was shite.

"Where is the Love" ???

Now, I got some catching up to do here..... a whole weeks posts to look at tut tut at.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Welcome back Scooby. That ouzo is something isn't it? It kind of sneaks up on you and you don't notice before it's too late.

But you're right, Greeks are pretty neat people. That's why I married one.

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol, he was shite.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Glad you had a wonderful time on Corfu, SS! Ouzo is <cough> hard core stuff and has quite a kick! We are thinking of going over there in a few months' time also. My relatives live in the Peloponese (the Southern hand of Greece) so we'll be staying mostly in the mountains, in the village, but would like to travel for a few days to the islands.

Greeks are *mostly* wonderful, but sometimes I wish I wasn't raised in a family of them. <rolls eyes>

"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is a biographical snapshot of my life. egads. Right down to the names.. heheheh.

Country Girl

• Valis
    Valis

OK...how many of these did you leave broken hearted?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit