I'm back, and survived the plane flight!!

by ScoobySnax 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Been there..... Funny for you to ask that, I thought about it alot whilst laying round the pool on holiday. I had to make a decision one way or the other, and have decided not to go for it. True as you say I'm only acting up in the post at the moment, but I got sort of pissed about a comment from our " top nurse manager" before I went away, she sort of implied that the interview wouldn't be a "cosy chat" (her words) and that got to me, as I remembered my last interview was for 90 minutes with 3 people firing questions at me, and was hardly a "cosy chat" besides that, I've built up a good team, from one that was fragmented and demoralised when I inherited it, and has been turned around, and feel that should count towards something, but to the latest lot of super managers, that doesn't seem to count. My team are all for me going for it, but I'm buggered if I'm gonna jump through hoops from them just to fill a vacancy that I've already been performing in, maybe it was the freedom of being on holiday that has made me feel different, I don't know.

• Been there
    Been there

Ya just didn't want to do the presentation, admit it! Just kidding. I see your point about jumping thru hoops, it just isn't right sometimes that someone can't be given a job because they can do it right, instead of having to be drilled for all the right answers, when they know you already have them or you wouldn't be doing it now. If they really gave you the job, they would have to pay you more for it. This way you are saving them money. Wonder how long it takes them to find a replacement???????

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

True, I'll be watching closely at what happens next, and my "replacement" if there is one, of course I'll comply, but they better be good!! I'll sit on the sidelines watching, I've got quite good at that in alot of instances. In the meantime, I'll step down to "Charge Nurse", that still gives me some clout, and some degree of financial reward, I've got no immediate family to support, just myself, so what am I worried about? In this job I've learnt that no-one is irreplaceable, I'm only 33 (since last friday!) and have another 30 years to progress up the ladder, so sod 'em.

Why give yourself undue stress too early??

• berylblue
    berylblue

Welcome back.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Hmmmm Hamas and Scooby eh?

Hamas, you cheating scumbag.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Welcome Back Scooby,

Glad you made it in one piece

---puttytat

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well Scoobz, I'm jealous!

But I really shouldn't complain. While you were away, myself, iiz2cool & Rosalyn went to Detroit for a mini-apostafest.

But...you were in Corfu ; I was in Detroit - but....all joking aside, I had a blast there.

Geez, lucky you, and I'm glad you got completely hammered a few nights - way to go Scoobz!

You, a bronze Adonis? PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

Nothing like a good vacation.

Oh...and before I forget Scoobz: HAPPY 33rd BIRTHDAY

Notice how no one...no one took a shining to me....sigh...Scoobz gets all the attention...and Monkey too, the little brat.

Valis: your post nearly gave me a hernia.

• Been there
    Been there

Rayzorblade said......

You, a bronze Adonis? PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

Scooby.......go away again.

The way Rayzor has been talkin about Aztec I thought we almost had him converted.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

<<<<<Laughing<<<< Oi Rayz, you'll be the FIRST to see bro. !!

Puttytat....My lungs never got sucked outta my chest as you promised, though I did think about it on the rough flight home, you bas**rd !!!

Beenthere.......with me about, there is no turning Rayzor! ha ha!!

Beryl, Hamas loves you babe, almost as much as I do.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

WHERE IS THE LOVE.....BLACK EYED PEAS

find this song, especially you Rayz. Can't get it outta my head. Fantastic song, I'm back at the pool bar as it plays.........(singing chorus!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit