Jessica Lynch Book Trouble

by Panda 76 Replies latest social current

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    This is a heated conversation

How did you come to that conclusion?? JT and I have a disagreement but it is hardly heated, I'm not angry, hope he isnt either. Both of our opinions may be worth what you're paying for them, but that's life. Point is, this thread will not change anything, so enjoy it. Bug

• waiting
    waiting

For all the discussion - I really don't see why people would bother whether this woman would write (or have someone write) a book about her experience.

Remember that book "Bonfire of the Vanities"......and the phrase......"man of the moment"? It used to be man of the year, book of the month............now publicity & attention is down to the "moment." Remember the movie "Chicago"? The woman murderer of the moment? Take advantage of the moment.

And, yes, being a young woman in the military in a war - well, that makes her the "woman of the moment."

JT mentioned Pet Rocks above............do you know that there are actually several books on how to paint on rocks....thus making them pets? And people are paid good money to write those books!

If a publisher thinks he/she can make a buck..........they will. If someone doesn't want to read her book - then don't buy it.

waiting

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hey,

Hillary got 8 mil for her book....and I'd MUCH RATHER read Jessica's story than Hillary's.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Very true Yeru. I would rather read Jessica's book that Hillarys book any day of the week.

• Panda
    Panda

JT, Slavery is much worse than making money off other people. Last month's National Geographic had a story about real slavery going on today around the world. Real people selling their children. In India kids make glass bracelets. They are not allowed outdoors, barely fed and if they die so what? Adults in India sell themselves to work to pay other debts but guess what... they never pay the debts and are slaves to the people who bought them. If you get a chance please read about this real slavery today, it's not just some annecdote.

• Panda
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Panda,

That last post was kinda shallow. No real content.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit