40 Years Ago Today

by RAYZORBLADE 44 Replies latest social family

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((Ray)))))) ((((((Ray & Carmen's Mum))))))

In Memory of Carmen- a little flower that never got the chance to bloom

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((( Ray ))))

A very moving tribute to your sister

She will always be with you in your memories

• Been there
    Been there

(((((((((((((((Rayzor)))))))))))))))) & (((((((((((((((((((((Rayzors Mom)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

(((((RAY!)))))

So sorry to hear about your loss! And thank you for sharing with us!

Walter

• Scully
    Scully

((((((((((( Ray )))))))))

Thank you for sharing something so personal and tragic with all of us. While I was reading, it was obvious that the memory of that event is still "right there" as though it just happened. When I saw Carmen's DOB (09-08-63) I noticed that her month and day are the reverse of mine... that was kind of cool.

for Carmen

Love, Scully

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh (((((((Ray)))))), what a sad, sad event for your family. I am burning a candle in remebrance of Carmen.

Sending you love,

Robyn

• Lutece
    Lutece

Rayzor, So sorry to hear that you lost someone so special. Your poor mother, that had to be hard to bear. This time of year is hard for me too, 11 years ago this fall my only brother died. He was missing for a week and the whole time we knew something bad had befallen him, but we tried to keep up hope until he was found. He died in a freak car accident and his truck had been covered completely from sight by a tree so search parties drove right past it several times. A jogger saw the light shining from his truck one morning and found him. It was the time of year when the trees just started to change color. It was so hard on all of us, but my parents, it was the saddest thing to witness. It took them a long time to just enjoy things again, like they felt guilty if they laughed or had a good time. They still keep his ashes in his old bedroom. It keeps my mom holding on to the witness faith because she wants to see him again in the "new system". I always imagine him bringing his kids over to play with mine, teaching them all to fish (his favorite sport) and stuff like that. We just have to try and remember the good things about them and try to live our lives in a way that brings some honor to their memory. My brother was a very generous person so I try to be more generous and pay some kind of respect that way.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{RAYZORBLADE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Anne

• freein89
    freein89

Rayzorblade,

She will always be your beautiful snow angel. Ray, I don't think she is gone, she is there with you.

Deb

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

((((((((((( Ray ))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((RAY)))))))))

Well that was a real tear-jerker of a read. You never really know what is in someones past, and I know from experience too how hard it is to lose a sibling I always wonder "what if"......

Thanks for sharing.

KateVisit Smiley Central!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit