40 Years Ago Today

by RAYZORBLADE 44 Replies latest social family

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((RAY))))) (((((CARMEN))))) Dear Ray, I'm sorry for your loss. She will always live in your heart and right now, somewhere, she is still alive in someone's eyes. That's a great gift. I'm glad your mother did that.

Love,

Nina

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thank you all.

It was sort of...in the back of my mind.

I looked at my calendar. September 8th - Carmen's 40th birthday.

I thought it was a bit corny at first, but the more I thought about it, I thought.....if she were only here, now.

Thanks for your kind words, and reflections, including my darling Detroit sweetie's phone message which I just received.

Thanks Aztec...I love you too...get some sleep.

Everyone else, take care...and thank you for your kindnesses and lovely words.

I wish I had a sister, but in many ways, I do.

• Odrade
    Odrade

((((((Ray))))))) there are no words... it's clear you loved her very much. So sorry there weren't more years.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

(((((Ray))))

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((((((Ray)))))))))))))))

• smurfette
    smurfette

((Rayzorblade))

Carmen sounds like a great sister and friend! I'm so sorry she was taken from you so young. Thank you for sharing your and her story.

-Best Wishes- Margy

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((Rayzorblade)))))))))))))

I'm so sorry you lost your sister so young in life. How wonderful of you to always remember her.

Hugs,

j2bf

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thank you: Odrade, SixofNine (whew, thanks), Xenawarrior (I have not forgotten you), smurfette, and Joy2bfree.

I envy those with sisters; you whom have children who have a daughter.

You are very lucky, and fortunate.

It warms my heart to see these responses. I hope I have not come across as a complete snivelling wuss, but to think of what could have been.

That's why I wrote what I wrote.

The nice thing, my sister's corneas have enabled 2 people to see. That's truly a view through my sister's eyes that I wish I could view.

Hugs backatcha' all.

• blackout
    blackout

((((((((((((Rayzor)))))))))))))

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I hope I have not come across as a complete snivelling wuss, but to think of what could have been.

No Ray, you have not. Your story was poignant. You are a good man, and I believe that your words would have made her proud, very proud, of you.

We each have our own pain, but that is part of our makeup, it is part of who we are. My biggest sadness in reading your words is that precious little girl didn't get to know you now. You have a lot to offer Ray, and therefore it stands to reason that your sister would have as well. I am very sorry I didn't get the opportunity to get to meet her.

Thanks for telling us about her. I feel honored.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit