40 Years Ago Today

by RAYZORBLADE 44 Replies latest social family

• Special K
    Special K

so sorry for your loss .. razorblade.

Every year I wade through the date that my son died. It is getting easier to visit the cemetery.

I go through all the things that he had not experienced in his tiny, tiny life and the fact that I will never be able to see him grow and laugh and cry.

I carry him gently in my heart and hold the "forget-me-not" flower as a symbol of him. Whenever, I see those little tiny flowers it brings an adoring smile to my face as I think of him.

thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories about your sister

BIG HUG

Special K

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<sob>

Ray:

I'll definitely give my sister a hug for you today! She's my baby sister and is 27. I'm sorry for such a tragic loss, how terribly awful for you! I lost my baby brother at 21 to alcohol poisoning; and another is in the hospital today because of complications that most likely would have been avoided had he taken a blood transfusion. I can really and intensely feel inside the loss of your sibling; I've lost one of my own and am afraid of losing the other. Thanks for sharing that bittersweet memory with us...

Hugs

CG

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thank you all.

Many of you even here on this thread, expressing your own personal loss.

My heart goes out to those of you who have lost someone.

After my father died in November 2001 (no loss for me there), my brother obtained photographs that had been denied to myself and my other siblings. In the package of some 200-300 photos, I have some original glossy black and whites of: Carmen.

She's such a doll.

Yes Scully, the memory of the incident in March 1967 is vivid, and I replay the video reel in my head over and over again.

I appreciate everyones input, in return I offer my hugs too to those of you whom have lost a dear family member.

hugs to all
    Rayzorblade

• shera
    shera

right back at yah.

• Lady Lee
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

((((((((((((((((RAYZORBLADE)))))))))))))))))

A very touching post indeed. I was sincerely moved.

In some instances there just are no words sufficient for the emotions involved.

This is obviously one of those cases.

My heart goes out to you.

• Panda
    Panda

Ray, from your story I think you hold Carmen very close to your heart. She, even in death was able to help another person with the great gift of sight. You said you weren't being sad just reflective. But I cried because you poured out your love for your little sister. I had 5 brothers, but they didn't treat me like you did your sister. She was very lucky to have such a great brother.. someone who won't let her memory die.

Big Panda Hugs

• rnovello
    rnovello

I lost my only brother 43 years ago. He was my best friend also. I think of him evry day of my life. I am so sad for you and send you my love.

• teejay
    teejay

I'm just reading this. Sorry for your sister, dude. I have three sisters, and I hug them every chance I get.

((Rayzor))

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

What a sad story. Thank you for sharing.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit