Did you really believe?

by barbar 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Odrade
    Odrade

I believed every last thing. I took every "conscience matter" to it's extreme end. It was my ultimate goal to be "wrapped up the bag of life with Jehovah." (1 Samuel 25:29 NWT) That meant being as deeply involved as one can be. I never questioned ANYTHING--- I thought. Until I got out. Then I realized that way down deep, where I never allowed myself to take them out to consider, I had strong disagreement with many things. The stand on education, the attitude towards gays, the repression of women... ugh. Stopping now.

Odrade

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i was pretty much raised in the "truth" and at first i didnt get what was going on but by the time i did understand it a little my whole imediate family was in. so what can ya do i had to go and do what they wanted, when i wanted to go to partys or anything i just wished that i could casue i knew parents would just spout out bad association and say NO. so i was a model brainwashed dub on the outside but on the inside i had my own thoughts. but still yet i belived that it was just cause i was weak or something. not that it was wrong, i just thought that i didnt measure up to jahs standards. always felt that way. didnt like service at first but went every freaking week unless i could find a way out of it... which i didnt dare to except for maybe once a month and occasionally twice. but still i never doubted just tried to get outta something i hated. then when i got to really wanting friends to do social stuff with i found that service was my only outlet to get people to do stuff with so i got to enjoying it...... well the breaks and visiting, not the knocking on doors and disturbing people. even when i pioneered i hated disturbing people, but with that superior jw attitude lol i still knocked and when others would chicken out at a door id "rely on jah" and take theres 2. i did all i could possibly do and tried my best...... but ya know...... i never measured up. occasionally i would think............ why hasnt armageddon happened yet.......... and what if it dosent. then id think...... am i wasteing my time doing all i can? then id think........ but doing what they say i should keeps me outta being into drugs or having aids...... so it isnt all bad......... isnt it lol. of course five minutes later i would put it all out of my mind and let my superior attitude of.............. of course its gonna happen and id vow to not ever question it again........ then a while later i would think on it again.... but this was in my later teens and early twentys. it was still almost ten years later before i was forced to realize that it was all a bunch of brainwashing BS. i wish that i had never gotten bapt but when i was like 16 a brother was all asking me......... when are you gonna.... not if so a couple y ears later with being asked that repeatedly i just gave in cause it was the thing to do. but for most of my life i did 100% beleive and still i find myself takeing the jw brainwashed stand on things and have to look at it and reevaluate it to see if its really what i wanna belive. hard to stop autoresponses.

• sens
    sens

Hi

No, I didnt believe everything...the thing that I could never take 100% was that all the men on the GB were annointed, because I had doubts `bout the 144,000 teaching alot.

I could never really believe that God would wait ...what?...1700 years or so to pick charlie crackpot to start the wts so they would complete this number..I also use to think bout the christians in the 1st century up..the numbers of them ranked pretty high, so what about them? they died for their faith ...the GB hadnt... but anyway

I also couldnt believe, or wouldnt believe that only JW would survive armageddon and I never believed Jesus didnt die on a cross...but that was due to my catholic upbringing till the age of 12 when my mother left to join the wts...(cringe)

3 Sens 4

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I believed it all, hook line and sinker (having been raised in it), and taught it pretty well, too.

It made me laugh when my wife was trying to find reasons for why I didn't believe it anymore.
    First it was attributed to mini-breakdowns (yeah, right - she backed down on that one as soon as I looked at her out of the corner of my eye), then not making it my own (she couldn't support that one, seeing as I was reaching out for Circuit work, and she knew my zeal), then demons Bwahahahahaha.

Go figure...

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I believed....being born and raised into it...I mean...my parents told me the truth, didn't they???

As an adult as I began to have doubts...I tried to justify them...tried to push them aside....had to be LoyalTM to the TruthTM....right???

Or was it the truth.....???? hmmmmm....I started to question everything!

Then I saw the holes...

Then I fell down the rabbit hole and outta the ...wonderland.....errrrm...borg...

By degrees....and years....and I was gone!...

Dancin!!!

ESTEE

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes, I really was a believer. It was the hardest thing I ever did, to make the decision that I had been lied to and fooled for 50 years.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Yes, I really was a believer. It was the hardest thing I ever did, to make the decision that I had been lied to and fooled for 50 years.

For Mrs Ozzie, this caused her enormous physical problems as she experienced the grief of loss of what she had believed in all her life. Her two 'eye-openers' were: 1. Discovering the WT teaching that Jesus was "not" her mediator. 2. Seeing the Bethel elders reliance on bound volumes over the Bible. Then, she learned the truth about "the Troof" and her faith in real Bible truth is stronger than ever. For myself: yes, I believed it, but there were some reservations in teachings i.e. no elder I knew, even at Bethel, really believes that the bowls of Revelation picture some obscure convention statements from the USA in the 1920s and 1930s. Cheers, Ozzie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Every word Hamas said! Maverick

• berylblue
    berylblue

Welcome Barbar!

I didnt doubt that it was the right religion, but I didnt accept some of the teachings and was appalled at the lack of love shown at the KH

• Lutece
    Lutece

I believed it all, but had doubts about doctrine at times that made me "bend the rules" to fit my own life which in turn made me seem weak. I was one who had to read as much as I could and talk to people who'd left before I made up my mind to leave. I felt betrayed, deceived and shattered when the veil was lifted, but like Hamas said, "I will survive and am surviving". :)

Anne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit