Did you really believe?

by barbar 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Anne,

I think this was what affected Mrs Ozzie the most, the fact that she had been lied to all those years. She kept saying "Liars! Liars! They're just plain liars."

But, looking on the bright side, we now know the Truth. We now know real freedom.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Yes, I really did believe it, but occaisonally there would be things would strike me as "that's not right"....but it took a few years for that to sink in.

It was the Truth2Me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Oh yes , 40 years of service sincerely believing in the twaddle. Perhaps as time went by I had reservations about some things, like all the lions acting like pussy cats in the New World !

At times I would have a weak spell when the zeal was hard to muster and I secretly questioned the morality of Armageddon, But I saw this as my own weakness, not the fault of the "Society" - until I woke up , Thank God .

• Mulan
    Mulan
    her faith in real Bible truth is stronger than ever.

That's where we differ, Ozzie. I don't believe much of it anymore. I began reading a few critiques of the Bible, without my blinders on.

That was another hard thing to face.

• integ
    integ

yes

• Carmel
    Carmel

Although I thought of myself as a "true believer" I had many questions and "alternate" ideas. I was promised that when I became baptized, it would all be clear to me. It sure was. Once dipped, I understood clearly....that it was a fabrication!

carmel

• happyout
    happyout

When I truly believed, I thought my doubts meant I did not have enough faith. I used to cry and pray that God would take the doubt away from me, that he would let me understand his word.

Fat lotta good that did me!

Happyout

• shamus
    shamus

110%, yes. I was hook, line and sinker. I was a good dub. Never question anything.... until you see their hypocrosy! Then you start to question.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i never questioned it until my mom was df'ed when i was 12. i wasn't given the option to question it.

• not_tellin
    not_tellin

Yep. Believed every word of it until about three months ago. I managed to silence any doubts I had by telling myself that I just didn't understand it, or that Jehovah would make it all clearer in time. There was always an explanation, always an excuse . . . Now I'm questioning everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit