When JWs Knock on Your Door....

by Frannie Banannie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What are your most successful methods for dealing with their visit? Do you prefer to "blow 'em off"? Or do you attempt to dissuade them from their inanity?

Frannie B

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't even answer the door.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Elsewhere I'll call back tomorrow because we are trying to complete the territory before the C.O visits. I hope you enjoyed the last article I left with you about masturbation and the dangers of the internet.....LOL

Why don't you answer and give them a couple points to think about without revealing your status......you know your annointed status.

• COMF
    COMF

Well, it hasn't happened in a long time... seems I remember that the last time I talked to witnesses at the door was about six years ago.

If they do come, though, I will first of all be polite to them, recalling how miserable I was in field service and how much I wanted not to be there. Secondly, I will let them have their say. If I see an opener, I'll try to steer the conversation in a direction that raises questions in their minds (I have a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw on). And finally, if they should happen to offer me a bible study, I'm likely to accept without ever mentioning my previous association.

Witnesses can't just blatantly damn the internet in this day. It's as integral to life (at least in my country) as is a telephone. So when I, the newly interested one, come up with questions like they invited me to do, and show them the information on the internet, they're going to be hard pressed to condemn it outright.

But even though I learned recently that my neighbors across the street are JWs, no one has called on me in door-to-door work, nor have they left a back issue or invitation since I moved to Dallas in 2000.

• teejay
    teejay

I have never turned a JW away from my door and I doubt I ever will.

For as long as I've been out, every single time a JW has come to my home I've invited them in and each time they have accepted my sincere invitation. I understand JWs too well to ever have an issue with them.

As long as they are respectful of me and my home -- and up to now they have always been -- I will not have a problem whatsoever with Jehovahs Witnesses.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

It's been more than ten years since a JW has come to my door. In fact, I have seen them working my neighborhood, and ring every bell in my building except mine. I am convinced they know who I am and have their territory card marked "Apostate - do not call."

If I see them doing street work, mall work, or at the DMV (they do this in California, don't know about other places), I will deliberately go over to their table and engage them in conversation. It's a captive audience - they are in a public venue and can't simply walk away, nor can they tell me to go away.

I am polite, but start asking them questions about the blood issue, tax paying in France, pedophiles in the organization, etc. Once the seed has been planted, I hope they will do follow up research.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

@ Shotgun

Two reasons...

1. I don't want to be responsible for them counting a single additional second of "time" for their precious statistics.

2. Talking to me would only reinforce their persecution complex.

I would rather let their god die a long slow and quiet death due to neglect.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    If they do come, though, I will first of all be polite to them, recalling how miserable I was in field service and how much I wanted not to be there. Secondly, I will let them have their say. If I see an opener, I'll try to steer the conversation in a direction that raises questions in their minds (I have a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw on). And finally, if they should happen to offer me a bible study, I'm likely to accept without ever mentioning my previous association. Witnesses can't just blatantly damn the internet in this day. It's as integral to life (at least in my country) as is a telephone. So when I, the newly interested one, come up with questions like they invited me to do, and show them the information on the internet, they're going to be hard pressed to condemn it outright

COMF! How insightful!....and how fortunate you are to live in an area where you're not *known* by them so it'll be easy to pull this off....just beware the visiting circus serpent who may have been transferred from an area where you were formerly *known*...LOL!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Teej, you're very fortunate that your status as "inactive" allows you to do this. :)

If I see them doing street work, mall work, or at the DMV (they do this in California, don't know about other places), I will deliberately go over to their table and engage them in conversation. It's a captive audience - they are in a public venue and can't simply walk away, nor can they tell me to go away.

I am polite, but start asking them questions about the blood issue, tax paying in France, pedophiles in the organization, etc. Once the seed has been planted, I hope they will do follow up research.

Good on ya, SFJ! Way ta GO!

Frannie B

• Gadget
    Gadget

The local jws don't know my new address, so I'm waiting for a call. I plan on bringing the subject round to things that will make them think, but without revealing that I used to be a witness. If you invite them in, they're pretty much a captive audience whilst they've got a full cup in tea in their hand.

Gadget

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit