Which songs do you members over 40...and then members under 40

by berylblue 74 Replies latest social entertainment

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TJ,

In the context of this world, I guess it *is* strange that I understand all kinds of people -- even those very different than me. It's one of the few gifts I have. The thing is... I understand all kinds of people. Even people like you

As ever, you are a legend in your own mind and as ever you seem to have missed the gist of my post.

I am quite certain that you do not understand me and I am also fairly sure, judging from many of your past posts, that you have difficulty understanding yourself. I am convinced that your gifts lie in other directions, as like other posters I have enjoyed the occasional piece of creative writing that you bring to the board.

Cheers - HS

• teejay
    teejay

No, HS, I understand you. Trust me.

• teejay
    teejay

HS,

I must say... you have an intriguing way of processing information.

I said: "It's one of the few gifts I have. The thing is... I understand all kinds of people. Even people like you"; and from that you gather that I am a "legend in my own mind." Curious.

Tell me: How does one jump from the idea that someone thinks (even erroneously) that they are gifted at something to thinking that they are a "legend in their own mind"? Maybe you can give us your definition of what it means to be a legend in one's own mind.

One more thing: Earlier in this thread, you said: "It is a strange world when entertainers feel compromised because they might be 'outed' for only pretending to be a 'thug'. It is even stranger when their fans understand them."

Do me an immense favor and explain what you meant by the bolded part of that earlier statement. Enquiring minds wanna know.

'Preciate-cha.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Teejay,

I must say... you have an intriguing way of processing information.

Well, there is nothing intriguing about it TJ, it is called thinking before I type - give it a try.

No, HS, I understand you. Trust me
    Frankly, I would rather eat a Hobo's socks than trust you Teejay. I apologize for suggesting that you are a legend in your own mind. What I really meant to say is that you are a bit of a mind in a lot of a legend.
    Sleep tight - HS
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Well I just turned 40 and like to play my old stuff

From 1979 - 1980 when I started buying records everyday...

1,The Whispers. and the beat goes on!

2, Roberta Flack/Donny Hathaway. Back together again.

3, Change, Searching/glow of love.

4. Bobby thurston, check out the groove.

5, Tina Marie, behind the groove/I need your lovin.

6, Earth,Wind & fire, Boogie wonderland/after the love has gone.

7,Shalamar, 2nd time around/take that to the bank/in the socket, make that move

8, Third world, cool meditation.

9, Junior Marvin, Police & thieves.

10, Sugerhill Gang, Rappers delight

Dang the list is endless but these are a few of my faves.

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>I apologize for suggesting that you are a legend in your own mind. What I really meant to say is that you a mind in your own legend.

Thanks for making that correction, HS. That is just the kind of explanation of your thought process that I expected. Didn't I tell you that I understood even people like you!!! (So predictable.)

But you forgot something. Remember?

Earlier in this thread you said: "It is a strange world when entertainers feel compromised because they might be 'outed' for only pretending to be a 'thug'. It is even stranger when their fans understand them."

While you're eating a hobo's sock, do me a favor, why don't-cha? Explain what you meant by the bolded part of that earlier statement of yours, would you? You know... the part where you said you thought it strange for fans to understand entertainers. Enquiring minds really wanna know.

Thanks. 'Preciate-cha.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Patti Smith.................Janis Joplin..................Any Funk Bros. or Motown.......................Mamas and Papas.................Ella, Aretha, Billie, Nina........................any Latin music of course.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TJ,

While you're eating a hobo's sock, do me a favor, why don't-cha?

Nope.

Explain what you meant by the bolded part of that earlier statement of yours, would you?

Nope.

You know... the part where you said you thought it strange for fans to understand entertainers. Enquiring minds really wanna know.

There you go again TJ. a legend in your own mind. There is a difference between an enquiring mind and a mind. I judge you on many of your past posts which display a fundamental dysfunction in your thinking processes. You have little grasp of the critical thinking processes which complement and even create an enquiring mind. Your posts would be greatly enhanced if your were to attend to this issue. Sites such as this one http://www.alliance.brown.edu/programs/eac/lncblt_v2-9.shtml will greatly help. The first thing you need to do is to read posts carefully, then grasp their objective *without* straining them through a mental sieve of TJ which only allow you to see issues and points that have managed to filter through your own mindset.

You can write creatively, which means that you can think creatively, but you have problems with thinking *critically*. Again, judging from the tenor of your posts that I have read on this and other boards, I believe that you do deceive yourself into believing that you can think critically, but I see little evidence of this and many have attempted in futility, to help you with this on-line failing before. That is why you are a legend in your own mind. Often, you think yourself books, but you are really just comic.

Now, that is all I have to say to you on this particular thread, which I note that you gate-crashed. If you wish further help regarding your mental development then you will need to pay me for it.

Best regards - HS

• amac
    amac
    9, Junior Marvin, Police & thieves.

I love that track! Anyone see Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? (One of my favorite flicks) I think they used that song in the movie.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just had to chime in, cuz I don't get many chances to agree with amac, lol. Great movie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit