Do elders still ask inactive members to write a letter to disassociating yourself from the Congregation?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Like their journals Watchtower and Awake it's more fake. It's horrifying inside and nothing like the pretty pictures and honest hearted, hard-working, loving, people, that's portrayed -- or any justice indicated in the power brokers' secret book. It's a corrupt business scheme at it's best.

• steve2
    steve2

So, the bones laid bare are that there is NO official policy of asking faders and other inactive ones to put anything - including disassociation - in writing.

Official = in the current elders manual.

If elders have asked for anything in writing, they cannot cite organizational policy. Of course, the elders find it so much easier when inactive ones (who have stated they have no intention of returning) put that intention in writing.

None of this denies that there could well be verbal directives from "above" - locally or from the very top - seeking written confirmation from faders and others.

• MrExJW
    MrExJW

That is NOT policy. I have NEVER heard of that happening nor of any CO saying it should be done.

• cofty
    cofty

Steve — Once again. It is NOT necessary for elders to get anything in writing before they announce somebody is no longer a JW. To verbally fail the 'loyalty question' is sufficient.

This challenge will almost certainly not happen to a JW who has simply become inactive. However, as many posters have testified above, it does regularly happen if a JW is suspected of apostasy and still has social contact with other JWs

MrExJW — What you have or haven't heard hardly counts as data.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think SBF nailed it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Elders are not to try and force anyone to DA.

I don't have a horse in this race, however since when do elders really ever shive a git about what "official" policy is when they have a chance to flex their "muscle" and try to act like an alpha dog in the WT pack?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I’ve seen and experienced pressure from elders who are committed to getting a resolute answer out of people, basically if you’re for or against JW.org.

I know of a family who were announced no longer JWs after they decorated their house for Xmas, they had not attended meetings for a solid year or more.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I was always butting heads with the Presiding Overseer and the rest of the Body of Elders. The P.O. hated me with a passion, but at the same time respected me because I didn't kiss his ass like everyone else did, and he knew he could come to me and get a straight, honest answer. Having had enough I had him my resignation from the body, walked out the door and never went back. that was 25 years ago, they called me a few times, trying to meet with me but I just blew them off. I don't know what ever happened, nor do I care. I'm out and have moved on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit