White clean shaven man runs over muslims

by silentbuddha 78 Replies latest social current

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    my muslim friends felt a lot of anger about this and the way it was reported (which I have sympathy for),

In Australia, I clicked the first news link on the attack yesterday. 'Islamophohia' was mentioned twice, and it was as obvious it was being treated as a terrorist incident, the police response makes that certain.

So your friend was upset that it was instantly labeled as an anti Muslim attack by the media, and treated as a targeted terrorist incident by the law enforcement?? Touchy friend you have there.

• Simon
    Simon
    my muslim friends felt a lot of anger about this and the way it was reported

Typical and seems to be part of the problem with Muslims - they look for injustice where there is none and immediate jump to blame and outrage.

BTW: Is it that they lie about their friendship with your or their religious belief? Because a true Muslim can't be your true friend if you are not one also.

• Laika
    Laika

I have sympathy for their anger about the attack (first half of my sentence - I know I need to work on my clarity) though I was told the BBC was slow to fully report it, I don't know if this is true because I was in bed and didn't hear about it until this morning. I did point out that the reporting was a little different because reporters don't want to prejudice the trial, as some reporters explained on Twitter (this terrorist is still alive whereas the recent islamist terrorists aren't)

Simon, do you know any actual Muslims? I mean, really know, not just as casual acquaintances. If you don't you should get to know some, maybe invite a few round to dinner? You might have a good time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The demand/decision to increase police presence around mosques came damn fast.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Do you know any actual Scientologists? I mean, really know, not just as casual acquaintances. If you don't you should get to know some, maybe invite a few round to dinner? You might have a good time.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Meanwhile in Paris another aloha snackbar attacked, but this time it had a happy ending. He rammed a police vehicle, w/ explosives inside and an ak 47. Seems his plan was to get out, let it blow up, and start shooting. But he was hurt and burned badly, and died shortly after.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    he was hurt and burned badly, and died

That's fantastic news.

• Laika
    Laika
    I have never met a scientologist (that I know of) I reckon Tom Cruise would be good company.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Simon, do you know any actual Muslims?

I know non-practicing ex-muslims - I much prefer them to the devout beheady-types.

though I was told the BBC was slow to fully report it

Told by who? Someone with an axe to grind? Showing off their bias / resentment?

The BBC clearly reported it quickly and reported it in the same way they report other incidents, same for the police. For people being "outraged" over the response it seems like more of a contrivance than a genuine grievance.

• Simon
    Simon
    as some reporters explained on Twitter (this terrorist is still alive whereas the recent islamist terrorists aren't)

When Muslim terrorists attack, we're told not to jump to conclusions and to hold off judgement (even when people get out with guns and knives and continue an attack which is clearly terrorism).

I haven't read enough about the news on this incident but this has been declared terrorism before there's been any investigation - do we know for certain that it is terrorism and was even intentional?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit