White clean shaven man runs over muslims

by silentbuddha 78 Replies latest social current

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Bungi bill, yes I agree and I think that this sort of thinking and refuge can be found in diverse groups. the challenge is to keep on encouraging the ability to go in and out of mythic time. The poster prologos who used to post here described this phenomenon very well. on the one hand we want to be able to accomplish some sort of transcendence particularly when we may be experiencing problems but at the same time we want to keep our feet on the ground. Religions promote ideas of transcendence without violence very well but the downside is that when problems arise this can be used to encourage groups to mobilise and support violence. But we will find this in secular nationalisms too and in society as well as on the right and the left in politics.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Probably just a lone (white-cleanshaven) wolf...

Joking aside terrorism is terrorism and this idiot is a monster for his actions, as well as any who helped or influenced him.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Nothing excuses what this piece of scum did.

Let's call it life without parole.

• Simon
    Simon

This is the kind of indiscriminate random attack that is inevitable if the governments of the world refuse to deal with the real bad actors. Not dealing with them will result in more violence, not less, and at some point it will stop being so one-sided - lets' be honest, there're been remarkably few attacks on Mosques and Muslims despite the attacks by them (even with the biased reporting of "hate crimes"). This is an anomaly but lets see if this one attack suddenly means it's OK to enact new laws ... (probably against Islamophobia only though).

The problem with the west is they are creating an environment where this kind of action becomes the only option. Here in Canada I watched the (state funded) news channel where a group protesting against militant Islam and Sharia (nothing about Muslims) were labelled "as conducting an Islamaphobic hate campaign" - yes, it's getting to the stage where opposing Islam makes you an extremist ... and using the same logic as the left, that will make some people become terrorists ... right?

How long before Atheism or Christianity become crimes I wonder ...

Things like this happen because people are angry over the injustice and inaction of the government to deal with known threats. It's why I advocate for more proactive efforts and harsher treatment - it will save lives, innocent lives, instead of allowing hate speech to go unchecked and violence to escalate because extremists are allowed to go about their business.

Refusing to kill extremists means you kill innocents one way or another.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I thought this was just workplace violence...?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Simon - some good points in your comment.

Our governments really need to sort out the primary problem (Islamic terrorism) and the secondary problems (right-wing criminal killing Muslims), too.

I wonder how this incident will be treated by the politicians and the media.

I wonder if some will say that the reason why this right-wing criminal did this was due to some flaws in UK foreign policy?

I wonder if some will claim that we need to analyse all the other views by this anti-Muslim terrorist, the better to understand where he's coming from?

I wonder if there will be talk of 'legitimate grievances'?

I wonder if some will say that the Prevent program isn't working and therefore should be scrapped?

PS - Douglas Murray made these points in his article today. All I've done is turn them into questions (https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/finsbury-park-need-consistent-response-terror/).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Barry observed, "I hope this incident causes the muslims to think twice and realise violent is a dead end street."

If they were rational this would be a possibility, but they aren't rational. They believe that the only thing better than this life is the afterlife, and death is the portal to the afterlife, so they love death.

The only way to negotiate with a person like that is to give them what they want - a funeral.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

You have an "Infidelaphobia" attack every week in London consistently and you get one "Islamaphobic" one and everyone goes bananas.

So let me get this straight, Islam terrorized Europe on a weekly basis for months now, and this lunatic commits his own terror attack and all the news media can do is blame people who are honest about the Islamic attacks, not the WEEKLY attacks themselves?

very interesting. I agree with Simon. While people are getting slaughtered on a weekly basis all the MSM and politicians can do is piss on their leg and tell them it's raining.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

meanwhile in Paris...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The difference is that this man perpetrated this act because of anger, or perhaps he is just a bad person. This is different than an actual religious ideology that promotes violence for anybody that doesn't believe it. There is a huge difference there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit