Newbies! Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

by jgnat 226 Replies latest members private

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Up again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

About trademarking, like Troof TM , and Jehoober TM .

Troof TM is an inside joke, as you must have already figured. First of all XJW's misspell Watchtower trigger words to reduce their power. Many XJW's stayed in the organization way past their due, because, it was "The Truth". While in, they fought natural affection and shunned children, family, and friends, because it was "The Truth". Now, on the outside, former friends ask them why the left "The Truth", and assume they will come back to it one day. This is after the XJW has discovered the truth about the Troof TM . Similarly, Jehovah has become Jehoober TM , to distinguish the JW god from the real thing.

Trademarking? I think Farkel started it, and Scully keeps it going. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society copyrighted their translation bible. Since then, Farkel and Scully trademark all these favored trigger words.

• jwsons
    jwsons

bttt

jwsons

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

up again for the newbies

• exjdub
    exjdub

Up one more time. Good info.

• Sassy
    Sassy

BUMP

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

AAAAH-OOOOOGA! bttt

• jgnat
    jgnat

Saving this somewhere I will remember - advice for lovelorn non-JW's.

"How can I get him/her to wake up to the stupidity?" You can't. You can't make anybody do something they are not ready to do. If you manage to coerce your partner to change, you are in love with weakling, and you are no better than the society.

"How can I convince him/her that going back to the society is a mistake? You can't. People have the free will to make their own mistakes.

"He/she tells me that dating a non-JW is not a big deal, but he/she has not even introduced me to his/her family yet." Self-deception runs deep in JW-world. If you haven't been introduced to the family yet, your truelove is either lying to you, to themselves, or both.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

egads almost a month since this went bttt

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit