Do You Get Easily Offended By What People Do or Don’t Do?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Quite frankly, I'm starting to be offended by all the people that feel offended. The topic of genders, races, sex preferences, discrimination, etc is starting to get on my nerve. There's no escape from it. Its in the news, the radio, all over facebook, on this site, and even in mandatory training from the company where I work! I'm fed up with that topic.

Can we just live in piece???!!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEPHANELALIBERTE:

Yes, there is no escape from this garbage and I try to ignore it as much as I can.

BTW, I am sure you meant the word ‘peace’.

• LV101
    LV101

Hahaha - yes, LHG, best to be at 'peace' than in 'piece'.

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe you are right! I think I am offended by them!!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

https://nypost.com/2021/03/17/virginia-techs-mike-young-takes-random-shot-at-jehovahs-witnesses/

Virginia Tech coach Mike Young takes random shot at Jehovah’s Witnesses at NCAA Tournament

Virginia Tech men’s basketball coach Mike Young apologized Tuesday for comments he made during his NCAA Tournament press conference about Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Young, who is in his second season as the Hokies’ head coach, attempted to say they were taking their matchup with the Florida Gators seriously but ended up making the crass comment.

“We’re not playing the Jehovah’s Witness All-Star team here. We’re playing the Gators, man, we’re playing the Gators,” Young said, via WSLS-TV. “I do know who our next opponent would be if we were lucky enough to win, but there’s not a chance in hell you start thinking about anything, nothing—I will not clip about anything but [head coach Mike White’s] Gator team, and that’s the same for my team.

“Earlier today on the NCAA tournament conference call, I attempted to show my respect for our upcoming opponent, the University of Florida. Regrettably, I didn’t articulate that sentiment in an appropriate manner,” Young said. “I apologize for my insensitive remark and am sincerely sorry for anyone I may have offended.”

• RolRod
    RolRod

Honestly ... I don't get easily offended. Although it boggles my mind how easily people do

RR

• minimus
    minimus

Easily taking offense is a character flaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit