Do You Get Easily Offended By What People Do or Don’t Do?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Anonymous , beautifully presented!!!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I echo the positive sentiment on Anonymous post:

It’s what MLK taught about freedom that the majority of people have forgotten.

I would only add that smart leaders on the left have not forgotten this. We must give them credit and not discount their methods and objectives as forgetfulness.

They have outright rejected it.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Being offended is an illusionary mental construct that protects the ego (another illusionary construct).

People cannot offend us. We chose to be offended.

I once had someone say something to me that might seem offensive. A bystander asked if I heard what was said as I did not respond to the insult. I replied, "Yes. The insult was offered and I declined. So the insult remains with the giver."

• AbelJohn
    AbelJohn

"The irony......you literally post daily in a ex-religious support group forum about your dismay at what people do and say that triggers you. On a daily basis you voice clearly your intolerance for actions and perspectives that differ from your political views. You did it in this very post! Honestly, your lack of personal insight in posting this is astounding. Maybe try not to get so easily offended by what others do or don't do....... just a suggestion!"

Agreed , you and Simon can go fuck off, and I'm sure Simon isn't offended by that because whenever someone says something he doesn't agree with or someone he doesn't like that's what he starts saying, and Minimus you are nothing but his kiss ass henchman, so FUCK OFF THE BOTH OF YOU! ! !

• minimus
    minimus

AbelJohn, anger issues! Regarding being Simon’s henchman, that is the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this thread.

The beautiful thing is I’m not offended at all by your response. I think you are just looking for attention. Even negative attention works for you.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

An inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

"Snowflake"

• minimus
    minimus

Ah , a snowflake. I seeeee

• Overrated
    Overrated

No one is waving any flags, only flag I do wave is my skull and cross bones. And a point I will make is that my dependents are dark in skin color, ooh the Irony!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm not usually quick to take offence about what others say or do but there are certainly plenty of people who are.

Strictly speaking, it's not a political issue in that people from all political viewpoints and opinions can be quick to take offence. However, an honest look at which type of people demand safe spaces at university, at which kind of people demand others to be sacked for giving their opinions, etc., will likely inform you that a majority is of the activist left.

E.G. you don't get many people trying to get trans people sacked for comments - it's typically the reverse. Some people say trans women aren't women, and then left-wing activists try to get them sacked or visited by the police.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are going to make everything "racist". Every single one of our pagan symbols that actually used to tie into energy that helped the planet is "offensive". All part of Noahide Laws.

Truth be said, I would be more offended by having that bible forced down my throat or the imposition of communism than I would be if I saw wall to wall swasitkas. (Which is another symbol that used to help mankind--the symbol of the sun.) People are offended, first by things like the Swastika (the sign of the sun), then by other pagan symbols, then by the thought that one group of people might be organically different from another, then by common sense, and by things that used to be a part of our culture. Aunt Jemima? I have far more of an issue with the high fructose corn syrup (or better, aspartame) they use than about any racist issues. Before long, at this rate, we will all be under full Noahide Law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit