Do You Get Easily Offended By What People Do or Don’t Do?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If people take offence where none is meant, that's their problem.

It seems that the tail is wagging the dog at the moment. It's about time this stupidity stopped.

When a person starts finding a reason to be offended by the gender of a plastic potato or a brand name, then they need medication not adulation.

In the good old days, they'd have been sectioned not trending on Twitter (the cesspit safe space for attention seeking nobodies).

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Punkofnice:

When a person starts finding a reason to be offended by the gender of a plastic potato or a brand name, then they need medication not adulation.
    In the good old days, they'd have been sectioned not trending on Twitter (the cesspit safe space for attention seeking nobodies).

Indeed. It’s best to just ignore this nonsense rather than giving it airtime. (Though in the case of PotatoHead, Hasbro rebranded the brand name to introduce additional characters but retained the Mr and Mrs PotatoHead characters so there is also some misinformation involved here.)

Are some companies jumping on the ‘woke’ bandwagon? Sure. Does it actually affect the people complaining about it? No.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks Jeffro. You are speaking my language.

in the case of PotatoHead, Hasbro rebranded the brand name to introduce additional characters but retained the Mr and Mrs PotatoHead characters so there is also some misinformation involved here

That is most interesting.

More reason to take things with a pinch of salt. It's all just media pantomime. We're being played it would seem.

• minimus
    minimus

I’m not offended by the crazy things people do get offended by. I think it’s stupid. That’s all. And I think if people feed into this type of stuff, they are very silly. Aunt Jemima offends you?? Get a life and stop getting offended over nothing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    minimus:
    Aunt Jemima offends you?? Get a life and stop getting offended over nothing.

Sure. But if the company that makes it decides they can make more money by changing the brand, good for them. The people complaining about the rebranding generally aren’t really soooo attached to the Aunt Jemima character that it really affects them. If people are that attached to a fictional character on a cake mix, they should probably get that checked.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I get easily offended by human ignorance, that's why I left the JWS religion.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

punkofnice:

More reason to take things with a pinch of salt. It's all just media pantomime. We're being played it would seem.

It is very frequently the Murdoch press that promotes these divisive nothings, very often first appearing in its tabloids such as The New York Post, The Sun etc and then recirculated in its other papers and news outlets to pass it off as ‘news’ to pad out a lack of actual content.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    The assumption is that if you have anything to do with a confederate flag you are automatically a racist.

The assumption is that unless you are anti-racist, which is really a racist, then you are, by means of being against racism, a true racist.

• minimus
    minimus

Jeffro has issues with the Murdoch press. Talks about any newspapers he doesn’t like. Lol

Regarding Aunt Jemima or Uncle Ben’s rice or whatever the product, people ARE offended so the business decision makers decide to pull off the products from the shelves. Let’s not ignore that people are offended over the littlest things. Companies will always look for the bottom line how much money are they going to make or not make.

• minimus
    minimus

Jeffro are you offended by these things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit