What you think consequences gonna be for watchtower if they lose the court appeal in Norway?

by Hellothere 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    You know
    Its all about avoiding taxes with these guys. They will try their damnedest to avoid taxes.

Not to derail the conversation too much, but I sure try my damnedest to avoid taxes. I think everyone should - for any reason. The less money going to the government the better.

Now, the sword has two edges - I want to see as little money flowing OUT of the government as possible too. Subsidies to religion as well as business is a bad idea. I don't think JWs should get a dime. Also any other religion. Also large corporations. Also small corporations.

Norway should just stop subsidies to religion in general. There - case is moot.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Meh, but I won't get my way because too.many people have the wrong collectivist mindset.

So, if the WT loses, they have a choice : make an exception in Norway to get the government money (that is, be a slave to your master, the ones that pay you), or stick with it and just dump the offset on the lower level JWs by asking and guilting then into paying more donations. Either way the money will be ok.

But if they choose option 1, it will discredit the religion as a whole, and they have done that sort of thing in the past.

So I'm hoping for that.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius
    What the JWs fail to realize is that by accepting government funding they must also accept government control, just like other religions.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

WT losing in Norway opens a doorway for other governments to investigate them.

Chain reaction.

• vienne
    vienne

Lose in lower courts, even in a national supreme court and they'll appeal to the European Court, which is almost always sympathetic to Witnesses.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Europe may eventually lose patience with them. Their antisocial behaviour, particularly over CSA cases, won't be tolerated forever. The protection of being "a religion" only lasts up until the point where a government defines them out of that category.

Given that they are mainly a business and a political lobbying organisation that happens to use religious terminology, it may be only a matter of time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Any legal entanglements,,,we always see the Borgs true colors.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The consequences are losing the government benefits

plus there have been other court cases where they lie about shunning and say it’s only spiritual things we don’t talk about but there is no shunning going on at all

”of course we still talk to those who leave JWs and treat them as before but just don’t talk about spiritual thing”

this is a bold faced lie.

but we have been conditioned into thinking it’s ok to lie for Jehovah. If they don’t deserve the truth in court of something then it’s ok to tell lies for Jehovah

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

”of course we still talk to those who leave JWs and treat them as before but just don’t talk about spiritual thing”

this is a bold faced lie.

Agreed. Their lying is finally catching up to them. The fact that they stooped so low as to file a law suit demanding that Satan's organization fund them is astonishing. According to their own rules, they should suspend publication of the Watchtower.

https://wol.jw.borg/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014257#h=17

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

Using the "God's Kingdom Rules" book for the quote is good because people can't claim this is "old light" (currently at least).

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Athanasius: 'What the JWs fail to realize is that by accepting government funding they must also accept government control, just like other religions'

"He who pays the piper calls the tune".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit