What you think consequences gonna be for watchtower if they lose the court appeal in Norway?

by Hellothere 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Losing charity status in Norway could start a systematic chain reaction of events to a massive fire sale sell-off of KHs.

Losing charity status means the Borg will have to start paying property tax on their khs and properties.

That cant happen in witnesses land,, they cant afford it or want it.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I don't really care about what GB tell rank and file about persecution. My opinion is based on what been happening in org last 12 year's. The bethel layoffs. Less printing of magazines. Sell of halls and everything else. Back in the 80s watchtower thought they knew everything about Bible. That they the chosen ones and all other groups are evil. Now their opinion about biblical matters is "we just don't know". If they keep losing in court I do think it's gonna affect their confidence even more. I do think majority of GB are believers. That thing's haven't worked out for org is something that must be in their minds.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If they lose I think they will seriously consider what action they need to take to "get their ducks in a row" and requality EVEN IF it means some New Light on shunning.

They found New Light on blood transfusions when Bulgaria refused legal recognition of the religion due to their policy of DFing if one accepted transfusion. Today, if anyone accepts a BT all they need do is profess "weakness" and repentance and they will not be DFd. But failure to do so results in "disassociation" by their actions.

Yes, it's word play, but WT will play the game.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Norway is 27th in GDP ranking, so it isn't a big deal...but Watchtower hates to lose a case so they will appeal appeal appeal.

I agree with DOC:"

DesirousOfChange2 hours ago

If they lose I think they will seriously consider what action they need to take to "get their ducks in a row" and requality EVEN IF it means some New Light on shunning.

They found New Light on blood transfusions when Bulgaria refused legal recognition of the religion due to their policy of DFing if one accepted transfusion. Today, if anyone accepts a BT all they need do is profess "weakness" and repentance and they will not be DFd. But failure to do so results in "disassociation" by their actions.

Yes, it's word play, but WT will play the game."

I expect some changes to disfellowshipping especially for the under 18 crowd.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If they lose it will be because of "persecution" and proof that it is the last second, of the last seconds, of the last minute, of the last minutes, or the last hour, of the last hours, of the last day, of the last days, of the last week, of the last month, of the last months, of the last year, of the last years, of the last. . .well we all get the idea.

Then they will announce that because of that "persecution" funds are not keeping up with expenses, and Jehovah always takes care of his people, and we know you brothers will want to show Jehovah how much you looovve him by giving of your valuable things.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

As I understand things, the American HQ does not support financially countries once the work is 'established'. As a result if Norway ends up in the red, its will be allowed to die on the vine. And in the end we would expect the Norwegian Brothers to see more halls going up for sale and congregation mergers. But I do feel that there is a little more time before we see this happening, as the local Branch could start encouraging publisher 'donations' more ... or put higher levies on the assembly halls, to make up the difference.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Hellothere: Now their opinion about biblical matters is "we just don't know".

Perhaps "we just don't know" is clearing a path for them to jettison some troublesome doctrines that are drawing unwanted attention from governments.

However, they may just double down. The non-reporting of FS hours by publishers looked like a kinder, gentler attitude at face value, but it may be an attempt to say that such people are volunteers who choose to follow what the WT says; it doesn't demand anything of them! 🙄😳

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's good for the internal perception and group forming. Us against the rest.

G.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    As I understand things, the American HQ does not support financially countries once the work is 'established'. As a result if Norway ends up in the red, its will be allowed to die on the vine. And in the end we would expect the Norwegian Brothers to see more halls going up for sale and congregation mergers. But I do feel that there is a little more time before we see this happening, as the local Branch could start encouraging publisher 'donations' more ... or put higher levies on the assembly halls, to make up the difference.

Maybe they would try to move donations from Norway to another country so as to avoid paying tax on them.

They did lose charity status in France a few decades ago. They had to start paying fair 40% tax on all donations.

they sneakily moved everything to the UK and even tried to illegally move donations to the UK

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This Case is not about "Charity Status" though is similar, read the Article in the link below. It is about being de-registered as an approved Body, nearly always religious, to receive direct Funding from the Government, i.e the Tax payers of Norway. A system they have there, rather anachronistic in my view.

The interesting things about this case are two-fold, firstly though not about Charity Status as in other Countries, the issues raised by the Government's Decision may well prompt other Governments to have a long hard look at the Org.

And secondly ,as this is a Sovereign Decision by Norway's Government, the Org. if it loses, may not be able to take the Case to the European Courts, at least, I hope so !

https://www.baptiststandard.com/news/world/jehovahs-witnesses-sue-norway-after-registration-revoked/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit