How long is a generation?

by LevelThePlayingField 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skin
    skin

The most important information, is to only accept what comes from the GB. No matter how strange it would appear from a human standpoint.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    (Exodus 1:6) 6 Eventually Joseph died, and also all his brothers and all that generation.

We can also apply this to the JW idea of the anointed generation:

Eventually F.W. Franz died, and also all his 'anointed' brothers and all that 'overlapping generation'. But fuck! Still no Armageddon :-(

So as Saplin said if somebody died 10 mins before Joseph was born then he would not be the same generation, but if he was born 10 mins before Joseph died he still would not be the same generation.

He would have had to be an adult at the same time as Joseph to be considered the same generation?

So somebody would have had to be an adult before Br Franz and all those died, means they had to be an adult in the 1960s at the latest, to understand the sign of 1914?

The youngest members of the GB are in their 60s, is that right? Or maybe their 70s already?

What will they say if the end still has not come in the next ten years? when these ones are in their 80s or 90s, if they are still alive they cant have any younger ones come along.

And they are all very fat and unhealthy, living in luxury with expensive watches and signature rings which some say are to do with the Masonic secret society they are all involved with.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This "generation " thing is the sillyest, most ludicrous bit of doctrine that I can recall, in my lifetime anyway.

In his video Splane mixes up the family use of the word and the general use of the word as it applies to mankind. He used a scripture about family then said that one who died before another is born cannot be the same generation. I had a brother who died before I was born . Yet on a family tree we would be shown as of the same generation.

His argument does not stand up to any critical thinking. Only the unthinking sheep will accept it.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

To me, it's amazing just how much semantic pretzel-twisting a True Believer will go through simply to still (somehow) try and be "right".

EDIT: Hey, wow, 15,000th post.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when my dad was still alive--he died jan 2016....i was alive--so was my son--then 40, and his new baby son..in his first year. i make that 4 generations. or is it one generation as we were all alive at the same time ?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Its all putting too much into what Jesus said "truly I tell you that this generation will by no means pass away"

What on earth will happen when the current crop of GB embers pass away?

There is no way they can recover from this, this is a thousand times worse than 1975.

But its great for the current GB members to keep tight control now, and after they have died they dont need to worry about how their predecessors try to do damage control.

They can live in luxury now.

When one of the GB members came to London the other day I found out some top secret into, him and his wife went to stay at a top luxury hotel, all on volunteer donated funds.

They all have several expensive watches. Like literally more than one for everyday of the week, Rolex and Omega, where did they come from? The answer is shocking..... Donated in the Will of brother who died and left everything to the Org.

There is a department in each Branch who handles 'goods' donated in a will whe somebody dies. All the best stuff gets first dibs by the top brass.

Then there is the signit rings worn by each member of the GB. Look at them in all the videos, all displaying their watches and their rings.

• zophar
    zophar

Since we are on the subject, yesterday on the TV show Jeopardy, there was a question about the length of a generation, and the answer..... 30 years!

• sir82
    sir82

There is no way they can recover from this, this is a thousand times worse than 1975.

You underestimate the gullibility and willful ignorance (or is it stupidity) of JWs.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just read this. WOW. They're still trying to hang their collective cult hat on the word generation? Like trying to nail jello on a wall...

They shot their foot off when they re-did the explanation the first time in the mid-90's. The bad timing for GB 1.0 back then was, AOL and 28.8k modems were becoming popular. That started the information movement against the GB. They had no clue that their flock wouldn't like the fact that, yes, the generation that saw 1914 would indeed die, and, what (?!) they were lied to??? Circumstances and naivete doomed the JW's from 1995 on...

I think there must be a sense of resignation within the GB that so many within the flock are on the internet and are "faders". Splane is also following a tried and true GB method by floating ideas at talks before they are published. Franz was notorious for that. (he was also a crazy loose cannon) That's why he was couching his ideas in that talk. They aren't official doctrine yet. They are trying to figure out how to mitigate the damage while still claiming to be inspired... And to that I say, good luck, and good riddance.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Here's a bunch of scriptures that say a generation is roughly 40 years.

Well i mean, a generation is not really 40 or 50 years either. A generation is a group of people that were born around the same time, typically within 10 - 15 years of each other.

Now, that generation can last 90 or 100 years, but the important thing is that it is defined as people who are born (not living) around the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit