A bright spot has gone...

by safe4kids 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

safe4adults...I've said this before, but at least you and I can remember the good things about them and not live with the overwhelming guilt that leads you to beleieve you have to be a JW to see your loved ones again. I have no delusion of seeing my grandfather again, but I can close my eyes and see him clear as day. Best wishes and condolences to your family Dana and much love from the Texas Branch.

Travis

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dana I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. My thoughts are with you. I will light a candle tonight in memory of a loved mother, grandmother, mother-in-law.

Leslie

• Seven
    Seven

{{{{{Dana and kids}}}}}

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy.

Love you,

seven

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

To everyone who has posted, thank you so much for your kindness and support. I'm sorry that I can't address each individual post right now, as we have to leave to visit the rest of the family, but your words do not go unappreciated.

((((((Steve, Joy, and family)))))) Our hearts go out to you. Please know that you are all in our minds and hearts and the kids and I wish that we could be there to give you real hugs.

Love,

Justin, Delaney and Dana

In loving memory of Leoma Jo Cloyd

• Simon
    Simon

((((( Dana )))))

Sorry to hear your news.

It's so hard to lose a loved one, even when we may expect it.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

((((Dana)))

my sympathy with you and your children.

Last year, when my mother died, someone said: part of her is still living. Her genes are in her children and grandchildren.

Branda

• Jade
    Jade

((((((((((((Dana))))))))))))

I am so sorry for your loss. Please give the kids a hug from me too.

Annie

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

• think41self
    think41self

You know I love you Sis. I hope the kids are coping...I'm more worried about Bill. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. If the funeral is on the weekend, I'd like to come, or if you need me to do anything for YOU. If big hugs help at all, I'm sending plenty your way. Can you feel it?

Tracy

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((stillajw, Prisca, cruzen, Harry, blondie, Irreverent, Scully, Lee, Nilfun, Mulan, LittleToe, czar, Tammy, Jade, berryl)) Thank you all so much for your warmth and empathy; it means more than you know.

(((Brenda))) Thank you for the call and your friendship. I will pass along the message to Bill, who is truly suffering the loss of his mom.

(((Chris))) Thank you and there's nothing to forgive. You are spot on with anger being a part of the grieving process and recognizing that in my post. I certainly have moments when I'm angry. I also agree that talking about our feelings is healthy and we've been doing that...as a family and individually. It helps. Every time I lose someone to death, I'm struck anew by the unfairness of it and it's so hard to get my mind round the whole concept, especially when it was someone so cherished by us.

Double edge, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad that you have such a hope to comfort you. I don't know what happens after death but I do hope that it is a doorway, as you said, and not an end.

Happyout, thank you as well. Already our memories have provided some comfort, although of course the loss is too new for us to engage in them without grieving as well.

Hey skipper, nice to hear from you. And we're all very glad that she went peacefully, as we were very afraid that she would suffer a great deal. You're right about her wishes for us and I told Delaney that very same thing yesterday to comfort her. Thank you.

Treshappy, thank you for sharing that experience. At some point, we will do something similar, I'm sure, as I agree that is very healing and a good way to remember and let go at the same time.

(((Travis))) You are such a kind person, thank you. I am glad not to have the burden of guilt that you mention and even though it's harder in some ways to not have all the answers like we thought we did as JWs, it's also a relief to let go of the worry and guilt, as you said. I can easily call up memories of Jo and she will always live on in our hearts.

Leslie, I was very moved by your offer to light a candle in Jo's memory. Thank you so much for your kindness.

(((((Seven)))) Love you lots too but you already know that

(((Branda))) That is so true! All I have to do is look at my children and I can see their grandmother in the shape of their chins, their mouths and their eyes. She will always be a part of them and that is a great comfort.

((((((Tracy)))) Thanks, sis, yes I know you love me I'm worried about Bill and his dad, too, but I'm keeping an eye on them and doing what I can. The funeral will be Saturday morning, in their hometown; call me when you can and I'll let you know the details. And yes, I can 'feel' it

Thanks again to everyone here. The warm support helps to soothe our raw feelings and means a great deal to me and my family.

Dana

*In loving memory of Leoma Jo Cloyd, 1919-2003*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit