A bright spot has gone...

by safe4kids 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

So sorry, Dana. Hugs to you and the kids. See you next month.
    Marilyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Dana & Co.))))

Words are insufficient...

((()))

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((Dana & kids))))))

you do not suffer alone, Steve lost his dad yesterday.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I want to scream and rail at something...god? fate? the universe?..I don't know. I want answers to unanswerable questions but I know they don't exist and so yet again I am faced with having to accept what is unacceptable.

I'm very sorry Dana. Forgive me, but part of grief is anger. Sometimes I think we are angry not only that they're gone, but we're also angry at the unfairness of it all. It might help you to talk about what you're feeling to someone close to you, to get the grief out and not hold it in.

Be well.

Joy

I'm very sorry to hear this. Are you guys okay? Nina lost her father in February and she still has her rocky days with it.

A very sad day indeed.

Chris

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

my sympathies, pinheaded as they are...

CZAR

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I want answers to unanswerable questions but I know they don't exist

Dana.... I'm so sorry that you have to go through this valley of life right now. I was devastated by the loss of my father....it is seemingly unfair and one of the parts of life that really sucks. But know that time will heal the hurt you are now feeling and there are answers to all questions of life. I know that a lot of people on this board think death is the end, but I'm not one of them. With more than mere belief, I KNOW that on our journey, 'death' is but a doorway that we all pass through, and when we do we will have a most wonderful reunion with those that we love and lost.

My prayers and sincere condolences......

• Swan
    Swan

My condolences to you and your family Dana.

Tammy

• happyout
    happyout

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Dana.

Also, to Steve and joy2bfree.

Having lost a father and a child, I know sometimes the pain seems like it will never end. I promise, there will come a time when your wonderful memories bring you comfort.

Happyout

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Dana,

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I was glad to see that she died peacefully in her sleep. I think it safe to say that she loved you very much and while her passing would be painful to you and your family that she wants you to be happy and truly enjoy your life. My wishes for your joy of life to increase and wonderful memories of a dear friend.

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My sincere condolences to your family.

Losing my grandmother this past May was a jolt beyond all reason. She had been there for me. At 40, I was lucky to have any grandparent still living. Her death was the best thing for her, not having to fight to breathe anymore. Her death was particularly difficult for my aunt and my cousin. This past Labor Day weekend we drove up to a beautiful hilltop in the Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma (Mount Scott to be exact) and released balloons to help us with the grief process. It was wonderful and healing, as my aunt had lost her best friend also this past year. The "letting go" of those balloons was wonderful for my family. We had a good cry and let go all those emotions deep inside us. It will take a while, but time will make it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit