asteroid to impact on 3/21/14

by Ravyn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

the Mayan calendar ends at 12/12/12....so now the earth ends at 3/21/14......hmmm due to hit us on Spring Equinox....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030902/sc_nm/science_asteroid_dc

Asteroid Heading for Earth, May Hit in 2014

Tue Sep 2, 5:13 AM ET
    Add Science - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - A giant asteroid is heading for Earth and could hit in 2014, U.S. astronomers have warned British space monitors.

But for those fearing Armageddon, don't be alarmed -- the chances of a catastrophic collision are just one in 909,000.

Asteroid "2003 QQ47" will be closely monitored over the next two months. Its potential strike date is March 21, 2014, but astronomers say that any risk of impact is likely to decrease as further data is gathered.

On impact, it could have the effect of 20 million Hiroshima atomic bombs, a spokesman for the British government's Near Earth Object Information Center told BBC radio.

The Center issued the warning about the asteroid after the giant rock was first observed in New Mexico by the Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research Program. "The Near Earth Object will be observable from Earth for the next two months and astronomers will continue to track it over this period," said Dr. Alan Fitzsimmons, one of the expert team advising the Center.

Asteroids such as 2003 QQ47 are chunks of rock left over from the formation of the solar system 4.5 billion years ago. Most are kept at a safe distance from the Earth in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

But the gravitational influence of giant planets such as Jupiter can nudge asteroids out of these safe orbits and send them plunging toward Earth.

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

and maybe this is the reason why the earth will be destroyed----stooooooooopidy!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&ncid=816&e=3&u=/ap/20030901/ap_on_fe_st/tracking_device Man Charged With Stealing Tracking Device

Mon Sep 1, 9:52 AM ET
    Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

JANESVILLE, Wis. - To track down this alleged thief, all police had to do was flick on a computer.

A 40-year-old man was arrested Wednesday and charged with stealing a computerized tracking device that uses a global positioning system ( news - web sites ) to keep track of jail prisoners on home detention.

"He apparently didn't know what he had because he would be awfully stupid to steal a tracking device," said correctional officer Thomas Roth, who runs the home detention program at the Rock County Jail.

The $2,500 device was temporarily placed outside a home by a woman serving home detention. The device, which is a little bigger than a brick in size, has a built-in GPS satellite receiver.

Prisoners wear a transmitter about as big as a cigarette pack on the ankle, and it acts as a 100-foot tether to the portable tracking device.

By the time the prisoner called to report the theft Monday night, the device had automatically notified the jail that it had been taken outside the prisoner's home area.

Roth then tracked the device through the Internet on his home computer.

A trail of electronic dots led authorities to an apartment building, where the suspect was captured.

certainly would make me want to throw an asteroid at us if I were god....

Ravyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ravyn,

I can't find the links. Is there any way to embed them?

Thanks.

Rob

Did Ravyn add the embeded page or did my server just not update the first time I looked at this post?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Links with ampersands never seem to paste correctly. Here's Ravyn's first link:

http://tinyurl.com/ly57

And her second:

http://tinyurl.com/ly5a

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Asteroid Heading for Earth, May Hit in 2014

Oh no, Bruce Willis will be too damn old then to save us then. Crap, I better get busy building my space ship, or maybe I will just sit out the 1 in 909,000 odds of it happening in this case. But I can't win horse poop with whipped cream on it, so who knows.

Skipper (just chillin in the morning class)

• link
    link

WHEW!!! Thats a relief. The odds aren't 1 in 144,000 then.

link

• Swan
    Swan

Aaaahhhh! It's the end of the world!

1914 to 2014 is exactly 100 years. 70 years of Babylon captivity + Jesus age at the time of his baptism (30) equals 100.

The end draws near. Repent you sinners! REPENT! God's judgment day is coming in on the Spring Equinox of 2014!

Memorial celebration to follow.

Tammy

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Heard about lots of different possibilities on a TV item a few weeks ago. for before and after) didn't heard about this one (it was an old item I guess)

well let's PARTY !

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

The end of the world AGAIN

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It's the end of the world as we know it...it's the end of the world as we know it...it's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit