asteroid to impact on 3/21/14

by Ravyn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yerusalim : LOLLLLLLLLLL

• Gopher
    Gopher

Satan and his demons weren't really hurled down to earth in 1914.

They'll be hurled down in 2014 along with this asteroid. After all didn't Revelation say that the dragon took some of the "stars of heaven" down to earth with him when he was hurled down? Obviously that is a reference to asteroids!!

So the end of the world will not be in 2014, but rather it is the BEGINNING of the end times. Satan and his asteroids will have an impact here "for a short time".

Then the actual Armageddon will occur in 2075. Only Jehovah's Witnesses will survive.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So the sky is falling, again. Let's see, there was:

the population bomb (too many people on the earth),
    global warming along w the raising of the ocean levels,
    running out of oxygen,
    sars,
    a couple of other comets,
    an intergalactic dust cloud that would block the sun enough so that we would freeze,
    the anthrax letters,
    missiles from north korea raining down on canada (front page news),
    saddam's womd. It seems chicken little is alive an well, and working in media.

SS

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi,

On impact, it could have the effect of 20 million Hiroshima atomic bombs, a spokesman for the British government's Near Earth Object Information Center told BBC radio.

The news media journalists just love senationalism ... the Hiroshima bomb was only 1 kiloton. Today, the average strategic nuclear bomb is about 10 megaton ( or 10,000 times the bomb dropped on Hiroshima - or half the size of the force of that subject Asteroid.). However, the USA has some nukes that hit 50 megatons (or 50,000 time the bomb dropped on Hiroshima). ... soooo ... depending on where the Asteroid hits, it could wipe out a few cities and create real havoc ... but is not likely to cause major harm to our planet.

A 10 megaton bomb would wipe out an area about 20 miles in diameter ... so a 20 megaton force of an asteriod would likely destroy an area about 50 to 75 miles in diameter. A nuke bomb spreads an even force out in a circle, whereas an Asteroid is likely to hit at an angle and cut a long deep path. It won't be funny ... but we have plenty of time to schedule a total evacuation ... and except for major property loss ... maybe some interesting landscape changes ... people can move back and rebuild as the Asteriod is not liklely radioactive ... so ... no long term damage is expected.

In any event, I am not worried ... I hope to live to see it arrive ... but I hope even more that it will not hit the earth ... the 907,000 odds against it hitting are about the same odds of being in an airplane crash ... I'll take my chances. Jim Whitney

• rocketman
    rocketman

Maybe the WYS will find another missing 100 years, and presto, 2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit