The TWO new things to come this year for J.W Org !

by Phizzy 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

My source tells me that disbanding HLCs is on the horizon. When? No date stated.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Disbanding HLCs?

Probably due to legalistic issues.

Legal issues,,,,thats when we see the Borgs true colors & what they're really all about.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" sod the after meeting coffee--lets have a licensed bar!

like a private members club--cheap booze ".

I actually suggested this, tongue in cheek, about three decades ago, because a lot did stay on after the Sunday Meeting, and even the Mid-week one. A lot of those who did not stay on, went home first, then met a bunch of us down the Pub.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Disbanding HLCs?

This makes sense. The HLC in some areas have the reputation of sitting in a JW patient's hospital room "on guard" for the prospect of them making a Hail Mary decision to accept a transfusion. Current policy, though softened if the person states any kind of "repentance", still is seen as a violation of Human Rights in some countries. Said governments are actively taking a stand against the religion of JW's for this violation and putting the WT at risk of losing tax exempt status &/or other benefits of being an authorized religion recognized in that nation.

I expect WT will NOT do a complete 180 turnaround on the doctrine, but will take a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" position in the future. If the HLC is not there, then there are no "witnesses". Family members who complain will be told to STFU and leave to the individual's conscience -- between them and Jehovah.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Two decades ago the reputation of HLCs was that they were death squads which made sure that you were going to die if you needed a blood transfusion to live. DesirousOfChange suggests that this may have varied according to region. A bit like BOEs, it probably depends on the team make up as to how conservative and gung-ho they are. Some are probably more lenient than others.

But HLCs are the elephant in the room. If the WT was really going to relax the blood policy, why the heck do they still have these committees of jackbooted enforcers*??

It just goes to show that reform is not desired by the current GB, they are only conceding ground in the face of possible future government force.

*Hyperbole alert!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. We know how much the Borg stands behind this "two or more witnesses" thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit