The TWO new things to come this year for J.W Org !

by Phizzy 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - “…It's a no-brainer to ordinary people to lighten up and allow people to have a bit of fun. But it's not in the WT's DNA…”

Jaracz’s legacy again.

Goddamn, that prick left a mess.

• Halcon
    Halcon
    However right now, I'm finding that the private conversations after the meeting much more interesting, with many of our good folk, making up their own wish lists of changes.

I heard the same thing at the memorial after dinner. It turned into a game of sorts hehe.

Birthdays are apparently high on the list for everyone. Wearing jeans and dress shorts to the meetings came up. College, being a doctor, being a cop. Men wearing long hair too. The blood thing was not mentioned.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Closest is the hospitality for the speaker mess.

Kingdom halls don't have a kitchen or even an extra room either. Add in the need to vacate for the next Bunch. The bookstudy used to have enjoyable after meeting snacks. The McD after service has fallen off too.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

Nope, ain't gonna happen, although I'd be delighted if it did. The problem is that it does nothing for Momma 0rganization, but could turn into problems. They now own and insure the Kingdom Hall from Warwick so they'd shy aeay from any liability that could develop. The blood thing if cha he'd could turn into many wrongful death cases popping up, so that they'll be leaving as is in a sort of limbo self-disassociation for the foreseeable future. Nevertheless, this GB is not what others were in the past and could have a few more surprises up its sleeve.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sod the after meeting coffee--lets have a licensed bar!

like a private members club--cheap booze .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Honestly I think the cup of tea afterward would be a fantastic idea. For the cost of milk and teabags and, hu hum, free labour, it could a very cheap option. The church that I go to does it, and it’s a very enjoyable experience.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

As a kid, I enjoyed the picnics and ball games of the 60s and 70s.

I always had snacks and popcorn after the book study I conducted or held at my home.

Jaraczes clampdown during the Ray Franz paranoia hurt the organization.

The fastest-growing Pentecostal mega church in our area has a coffee/pastry bar after services at the entry and outside under an awning. It seems to be profitable and popular. They have grown from a few hundred to 11,000 members.

Hard to predict just what flip-flop WTB&Ts will do next.

They should eliminate child baptism. No modern country allows minors to enter into a contract. Get rid of the "blood card" in all its forms for minors.

Stop allowing elders to stick their noses into police matters, and criminal investigations...especially child abuse.

I expect they will look for new revenue sources, perhaps a streaming subscription fee....like Netflix. They constantly infer Jehovah is bad with money and needs more. :

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I think that the GB initiating a “Coffee Hour” after the Sunday Meeting is a possibility. Most Churches already provide light beverages and snacks for their parishioners after Sunday services. However, such a change for JWs would be approved only after Watchtower Legal had considered the effect of local laws and liabilities on the Organization.

Regarding the Blood issue, isn't the Watchtower's present policy “Don't ask, don't tell?” So all the GB would have to do is tell the JWs that all medical treatments and procedures are now a conscience matter and is not the concern of JWs, including the elders, as to what medical course of action an individual chooses.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Jeracz's legacy left a mess."

Did he ever.

Up there with Fred Franz.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaamsass2: "They should eliminate child baptism. No modern country allows minors to enter into a contract. Get rid of the "blood card" in all its forms for minors."

Amen! Until minors aren't pressured into baptism and not encouraged to refuse transfusions*, they haven't gone far enough in their reforms.

"Stop allowing elders to stick their noses into police matters, and criminal investigations...especially child abuse."

Until they come out and say: "Call the police, not the elders ", their so-called reforms to date mean very little.

* Remember that horrible Watchtower cover in the 90s, that bragged about the children whom they had convinced to die, rather than to have transfusions that may have saved their lives?

Athanasius: "Regarding the Blood issue, isn't the Watchtower's present policy “Don't ask, don't tell?"

If that's the case, have they disbanded the HLCs? If so, when did that happen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit