What Makes A Person Black?

by Englishman 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm makes me thing the definition depends more on where one lives and how it is defined there than actual genetics

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    I happen to love Popeyes btw.

I knew you were black. You are too good at dancing and basketball to be a white guy.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

• The Black Man's Motto is "Be Prepared".
    • The Black Man's Slogan is "Do a Good Turn Daily."
    • The Black Man's Oath is "On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my country, to obey the Law as long as I wear a shirt, to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight till an onion booty comes along and make me cry."
    • The Black Man's Law is "A kneegrow is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. If not hung like a horse, I can be trusted never to admit it to a white person."
    • The Sub-urban Code is "As an American, I will do my best to, be clean in my outdoor manners, be careful with fiyah, be considerate in the outdoors, and be conservation-minded, Smokey the bear is a'ight."
    • The Black Man's Sign is the middle three fingers raised and the tips of the pinky finger and thumb joined, with shoulder and elbow at right angles. Also a few others.
    • The Black Man's Salute is the the hand held in the same position as in the Black Man's Sign, with the pointer touching the forehead or rag brim. This is similar to the salute used by militaries around the world, not to worry anyone though.
    • The Black Man's Handshake is the traditional handshake, done with the left hand instead of the right. (The symbolism behind this is that the left hand is closer to one's heart, my brother.)
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I knew you were black. You are too good at dancing and basketball to be a white guy.

So, is Bradley more black than a black person who is unathletic and a bad dancer?

Geesh, if I were black I would be so tired of these sorts of stereotyped attributes that I'm supposed to possess in abundance.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

People of African ancestry, and Australian aborigines, I have heard referred to as "black." Indians and others who may actually have darker skin, as illustrated by the picture of the two golfers, are not generally though of as "black." There are people who have Caucasian features and extremely dark coloring. Are they "black?" It is noteable that, in general, the facial features of Australian aborgines and Africans tend to differ noticeably from the Caucasians'. I know it was a shock to me, as a child growing up in the Deep South, to see people with very dark skin and non-negroid features. Were they black???

I am old enough to remember segregation in the South. It would have been interesting to have seen how a dark Indian would have been expected to behave. Would the whites have insisted that he or she use the "black people's" bathrooms and entrances? I don't know. As a child, where I lived, there were few people who couldn't be pigeonholed neatly as "white" or "black."

Cruithne

• teejay
    teejay

I'd step into this thread and demystify the term "black," but y'all are having too much fun, so....

• minimus
    minimus

Teejay, There's NO way you could demystify the term "black". You cracker.

• caspian
    caspian

Is it cos I black..

If a middle class white Jew can be black?

• minimus
    minimus

Caspian, He's from the Lost Tribe of Israel. From Ethiopia, maybe???

• one
    one

Should a subtopic be "Evotuion v. Creation" , for those interested in the real 'deep' issue and original forum objective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit