What Makes A Person Black?

by Englishman 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Serious racial issues.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    MINIMUS IS RUBBING OFF ON YOU

Oh, I don't think so, Minimus. I offer far more personal information than Mr. Minimus does. Pics too. Plus, this is information that would be really useful to this Englishman who sometimes goes weeks without even seeing a black person and admits to being rather uninformed on this whole issue.

Englishman.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

You are all wrong. It's fried chicken! ONLY blacks have the love-fried-chicken gene. So, if you see someone eating fried chicken and loving it--even if they seem white you will know the truth.

• minimus
    minimus

Englishman----That's your response??? LMAO!!!!!!........Maybe I can send you pictures of me with black people. I see 'em all the time.....On the net, I saw a site someone posted before about "Renting a Black Person". Perhaps, you could inquire of this site so as to get better exposure.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    It's fried chicken!

ROFL!

I think it depends on not only skin color but attitude. Like Stinky's recent thread... some black people "act" blacker than others. A black person that doesn't act black is often insulted by being called white on the inside (eg, oreo).

• Englishman
    Englishman
    LMAO!!!!!!........Maybe I can send you pictures of me with black people

Well, yeah!

Englishman.

• Perry
    Perry

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/images/laughingfamily_small.jpg

Perhaps it is easier to define in a relaxed conversational setting. www.blackpeopleloveus.com is a good place to start.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I believe the defining factor is whether there is any African ancestry. While some people from other countries, such as the Phillipines, India or South America, may actually be darker, they are not referred to as black.

But as a white person, that is just an opinion and most certainly not based on any factual knowledge

On the other hand the Mirriam-Webster dictionary states

Main Entry: 1 black
    2 a : having dark skin, hair, and eyes : SWARTHY <the black Irish> b (1) often capitalized : of or relating to any of various population groups having dark pigmentation of the skin <black Americans> (2) : of or relating to the Afro-American people or their culture <black literature> <a black college> <black pride> <black studies> (3) : typical or representative of the most readily attended parts of black culture <tried to play blacker jazz>
  • OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    I believe the defining factor is whether there is any African ancestry. While some people from other countries, such as the Phillipines, India or South America, may actually be darker, they are not referred to as black.

Why are you Black if you have any African ancestry but not White if you have any European ancestry? I have relatives with African ancestry with fairer skin than most "White" people.

The truth is that there is no definition of "Black" or "White" because race doesn't exist. There is so much variation in physical appearance within a "race" and between "races" that there is no scientific basis for race.

• logansrun
    logansrun

OTS,

No, you're wrong too. It's not just fried chicken but Popeyes fried chicken that makes a person black. I happen to love Popeyes btw.

Hehehe....

Seriously, there really is no such thing as "race" -- their only is ethnicity. This proposition is in accord with the findings of modern genetics and anthropologists. Place a "white" baby in the hands of the !Kung hunter-gatherer tribe and they will grow up a !Kung...take a newborn !Kung and let her be raised by Russian Orthodox Jews and she will grow up as one. There is no connection between skin color, body type or any other phenotypical feature and culture.

Oh, it is true that in the US a person of mixed white and minority heritage will be considered as a member of the minority. There's a name for this which escapes me....oh well.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit