Why do members here have a fascination with telling us they're leaving ?

by run dont walk 29 Replies latest jw friends

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

What, you didn't notice???

CLL

• Swan
    Swan

I really object to the cheeky people who say in their subject line something like:

THIS IS MY FINAL POST...

and then when you open it up it says something like:

until I get back from my vacation in Tahiti! Hahahaha!

Well, I actually don't object to it a whole lot, only just a little bit. Just thought I would mention it since it is such a dirty trick to play.

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Back Cruithne !

You're cheeky too!

Tammy

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I just don't get it, are we all here, like a big circle of friends, would you tell your immediate circle of friends you won't see them anymore because you have no time ???

You sure everyone is friends here?

Maybe it's a closure thing, Nice to have closure.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

After some thought in the other room, I have returned to JWD. I just needed time to evaluate my life and my experience on this board. I hope my temporary lack of faith did not cause others to stumble.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Since I have been here I have wondered that same question. When I see that statement posted here I am like who cares? Must I know every little detail of your posting life on jwd? I often wonder if people do it just for attention.

• teejay
    teejay

People who do that either have psychological issues, are drama queens, or both. Don't worry about them. They always come back. Just ask... oh... nevermind...

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay, I actually found this pretty funny. I think that, most of the time, people are just trying to be polite and let people know that they will be unable to access their account for whatever reason. Sometimes, it's for dramatic flair...LOL! When I posted that I would not be around it was because I wanted the many people I've become close to to know that I wouldn't receive any messeges they sent or see anything that was posted towards me. I was trying to be polite. I didn't want anyone to worry about me either. Maybe I'm a drama queen and I just don't know it. :-0

~Aztec

• teejay
    teejay

I can see letting folks know that you're going to be away from the board for a minute due to circumstances beyond your control (pc in the shop, moving, work issues) or even that you feel that you are permanently leaving and want your friends to have a chance to say goodbye. It's another thing when someone has an emotional outburst of some sort and commence to demand that Simon delete their account.

Don't worry, Azzy. What you did ain't what we're talking about.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Oh good Teej! I was starting to get a complex...LOL!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit