Does any one remember when the cong's were segregated in the South?

by Victorian sky 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JT
    JT

Teejay

i thought about what you said and i have to concede you are correct for how in the world could a man who has lived 40yrs being black possible no anything. i apologize for getting out of line, i guess i should have known my place , will you please forgive me for my actions.

I am so thankful that I have persons such as yourself to readjust my thinking when they get out of line,

only if I could have learned from you when i was in the organization,

i guess it was my lose

but once again, I do apologize for the statements i have so dared to make I certainly wasn't thinking I guess.

once again thanks for helping me to see, despite what they say about you-- you are indeed a good man beyond compare, only if we had more such fine men as yourself to help others to see more clearly, I can only dream of what the world would be like-

SEE YA

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Apparently none qualified or else they'd have gotten the position Brown thought they deserved. You guys just needed to be better educated and willing to work harder like the white boys. Too bad you didn't learn that sooner.

wait a minute, I know JT was at Bethel, were you there too Teejay?

• wednesday
    wednesday

My family did not attend regular in the 50's , by the 60's i was attending. I remember seeing blacks at our KH. We were told , however, not to intermarry, b/c it would bring problems to the cong. and we would have a hard life as an interracial couple. It just was not jehovahs time for this, perhaps in the new system. some did not agree and married and moved up north. Most stayed and obeyed. By the late 70's black and white marriages were common site.

to add, i don't recall any racist commets being made by my immediate circle of friends. We were all so happy our black bro and sis could join us. By the late 70 many were intermarrying . I'm from dallas texas.

But i was a sister and not privy to what the big boys were doing. So what JT says could easily be true. A lot of stuff happens behind closed doors.

TJ, u must be messing with JT.

• teejay
    teejay

i have to concede you are correct for how in the world could a man who has lived 40yrs being black possible no anything.

NOW you're getting it!

i apologize for getting out of line

Apology accepted.

i guess i should have known my place, will you please forgive me for my actions.

Of course I'll forgive you, my son. Now go and sin no more.

I am so thankful that I have persons such as yourself to readjust my thinking when they get out of line,

You're welcome; JT. That's why I'm here. Shucks... somebody has to do it, and I can't think of anyone better ... uh... qualified.

only if I could have learned from you when i was in the organization, i guess it was my lose

Uh... yeah, it was.

once again thanks for helping me to see, despite what they say about you

Don't believe everything you hear...

you are indeed a good man beyond compare

awww... go on...

only if we had more such fine men as yourself to help others to see more clearly, I can only dream of what the world would be like

You're not gonna believe this, but I say that all the time!!!

• teejay
    teejay

FWIW, JT,

On another thread I was talking to some of my lighter complected friends. We were having a light-hearted discussion ... just a fun time talking about the way blacks are sometimes treated differently from white people in (corporate) America. You shoulda been there!

My simple position was that blacks are discriminated against for no other reason than that they were black. You won't believe what they said. I'll letcha guess. Go on... guess one time. Give up? Well...

...they pretty much said to me what I've said to you in this thread. The reason blacks are in the fix they're in is because they are waiting for handouts; aren't educated enough; aren't willing to work hard. They said that laws had been passed, removing every one of the barriers that in the past kept blacks in their place. That if it weren't for the fact that blacks weren't so lazy... sittin' on their ass waiting for a gubment handout... they wouldn't have any problem at all getting jobs (and fair treatment) in America.

Now, because they hate JWs so much, these same friends of mine will quickly step up and agree with every bit of what you said about how horrible things are in the average JW Kingdom Hall or at Bethel. While doing so, they fail to realize the great chasm that exists in their minds that keeps them from making any connection whatsoever or seeing any similarity at all between what goes on in the Hall and what goes on in the world in general. One person even said that blacks who bring this up are "whiners." Aren't you glad that I didn't call you a whiner?

Don't be mad at me, JT. I was only having some fun.

:D

• teejay
    teejay
    TJ, u must be messing with JT

• Prisca
    Prisca

For someone who doesn't like generalisations, you sure like to use them, TJ.

• teejay
    teejay

What generalizations have I made, Prisca?

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Now, because they hate JWs so much, these same friends of mine will quickly step up and agree with every bit of what you said about how horrible things are in the average JW Kingdom Hall or at Bethel. While doing so, they fail to realize the great chasm that exists in their minds that keeps them from making any connection whatsoever or seeing any similarity at all between what goes on in the Hall and what goes on in the world in general.

I hope you weren't including me in these generalisations. I have more intelligence than that.

• JT
    JT

TeeJay

O Great One, how art thy- smile

hey man you got to love the Big House-

Do you recall the guy in the Laundry called Gary Cash- now that is black man who if he had been on the GB SINCE HE WAS ANNOINTED

we would have been listening to the Temptations, instead of the classical music of Karl Klein

smile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit