Does any one remember when the cong's were segregated in the South?

by Victorian sky 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• teejay
    teejay

JCanon,

If people didn't already think you were a little touched, I'm sure they do now.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I remember when they announced that we would no longer be segregated in the halls. It was the late 60's. The announcement was met with applause. Soon, we combined congregations and as our numbers continued to grow, we divided into 2 congregations, built a new hall and one racially mixed cong would meet on one night and the other racially mixed cong would meet on the other night.

I have never, not once in my life, seen any prejudice by one race towards another in any of the halls that I have attended. I grew up in northern Alabama.

Robyn

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> I have never, not once in my life, seen any prejudice by one race towards another in any of the halls that I have attended.

Me neither, Robyn.

I don't know what in the hell JT was talking about. I'm sure some of what he spoke of went on in some places, but nowhere near the way he tried to make out.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

JCanon makes me crack up. I have no idea if he really believes what he's saying, but apparently he's a flaming black drag queen who thinks he's god (But, don't all flaming black drag queens claim to be god?).

Sure, I'd follow Jesus if he was a flaming black drag queen, mostly because of how much it would piss Jerry Falwell off.

CZAR

• JT
    JT
    Blacks tend to still be resentful of the white establishment and for many reasons still don't feel that comfortable associating with whites. So they withdraw.

SO THEN WE ACTUALLY AGREE

once AGAIN the question must be asked why are they resentful, and we go back to where aI started it is how they are TREATED-

As i mentioned many black bro thought that white bro would welcome them with open arms since we all were serving Jehovah, YEA RIGHT-

WHILE I agree with you that the wt has done a better job at making a black man think he is equal to a white man the fact remains, for years ,esp down south most folks knew some of the best speakers who could keep you awake at those boring assemblies were black bro, but year after year some dead speaker who often times was white was ALWAYS ON THE PROGRAM

many black bro clearly saw how they were getting the short end of the stick and after awhile many have just given up

as you pointed out the black men were treated like dirt by NONJW WHITES AND then to come to a new hall after segragation of the halls was stopped and STILL BE TREATED second class would make anyone decide what is the use

when a white CO would serve a congo, he never had to put up with what a black co did from white bros

personally i could give a rats ass what happens in wt now that i am out, but this is what i saw on a reg basis and in conversation with so many black bro

like the issue of a Black GB- long overdue but i could care less now

• JT
    JT
    I don't know what in the hell JT was talking about. I'm sure some of what he spoke of went on in some places, but nowhere near the way he tried to make out.

of course you don't know what i am talking about, unless you walked in the shoes

what i am talking about more speciccially is not just rank and file jw, i was addressing the issue of POWER BROKERS in the circuit and district level

even when i was at bethel this was often discussed-

let me share a personal exp

JR Brown the black spokesman for the wt had a group of about 10-15 young black guys including myself

whom he was GROOMING to help up measure up so we could get some of the BETTER JOBS AT BETHEL instead of cleaning,

he was very pissed off at how young black bro were rarely given the chance to become key players

just look at who works in the executive office , service dept, writing dept and the bethel home office, as well as who at bethel who make up the major committees in various dept, so

listening to you reminds me of talking to a jw who says "Since i never saw so and so, thenit THEN IT MUST NOT BE TRUE"

i will give the wt credit that for a black man he would get more respect than in many parts of the nonjw world

but to think and belive that black bro esp males were treated on the exact same level as a white bro-

well i got a bridge to sell you -

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I would agree that the black man often gets short shrift in terms of what jobs he gets in the borg.

I'm white, but I had black friends who would talk to me. All it takes is one dick of a whitie in the right position of power to make your life hard. You can have fifty nice white brothers and one closet redneck who can't get past the idea that the Negro wants to steal his woman - and then you've got this redneck handing out piss jobs to the black guys who come near him, and the white guys can't believe it because it is so alien to their own natures to be racist.

It is a consequence of giving anybody power over you who doesn't deserve it, ie. any religion.

Free yourself from the religion, and the problem of racism in religion disappears. Neat, eh?

BTW, two of the brothers on my JC were black. Not that I thought about it THEN, but it seemed that one of them was overly happy to be screwing the white boy from college. The other was a genuinely compassionate man who cried. The third was a little runty dick of a white boy who I'd gladly pummel into a lily souffle next time I catch him on MY turf where I have the power.

CZAR

• teejay
    teejay

>>> many black bro clearly saw how they were getting the short end of the stick and after awhile many have just given up ... as you pointed out the black men were treated like dirt by NONJW WHITES AND then to come to a new hall and STILL BE TREATED second class would make anyone decide what is the use

I wish you'd quick making up this shit, JT. You know as well as I do that none of this happened.

And if it did happen, it was isolated incidents. Stop trying to mislead people.

like the issue of a Black GB- long overdue but i could care less now

No blacks were appointed to the gb because none qualified. It's that simple. Come on, JT. I expect better from you.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

None qualified?

I guess none had gone senile yet.

CZAR

• teejay
    teejay

he was very pissed off at how young black bro were rarely given the chance to become key players

just look at who works in the executive office , service dept, writing dept and the bethel home office, as well as who at bethel who make up the major committees in various dept, so

That organization wasn't called JRBrown, Inc. It wasn't up to him to put his boys in wherever he wanted. They had to qualify first. Apparently none qualified or else they'd have gotten the position Brown thought they deserved. You guys just needed to be better educated and willing to work harder like the white boys. Too bad you didn't learn that sooner.

but to think and belive that black bro esp males were treated on the exact same level as a white bro-

well i got a bridge to sell you -

I ask you again, JT: please stop exaggerating. It's not pretty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit