What really is UN doing with religions?

by Kosonen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Beth Sarim I ceased believing the WT teaching that the League of Nations became the United Nations. The League of Nations ceased to exist. The UN is a separate organization from the League, not a renamed League of Nations. But the UN is partly patterned upon the League.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Disillusioned;

I guess that was still part of my left-over JW programming lingering around. It's kind of like indigestion after eating something crappy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Disillusioned JW:

I ceased believing the WT teaching that the League of Nations became the United Nations.

The JW doctrine about the League of Nations is, of course, nuts. For a start, they believe (officially though most JWs probably couldn’t explain it) that Daniel’s ‘1290 days’ began with a suggestion in January 1919 of forming the League of Nations. Except it wasn’t actually founded until 1920. 🤦‍♂️

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Beth Sarim, on some level though there is some degree of continuity. It looks like what I said earlier was somewhat incorrect, and it looks like the WT is somewhat correct in saying the UN is essentially a revived and improved League of Nations. I say that because of the following.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Court_of_International_Justice says the following. "By a resolution from the League of Nations on 18 April 1946, both the Court and the League ceased to exist and were replaced by the International Court of Justice and the United Nations." Furthermore, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Nations says the following.

"The League of Nations (French: Société des Nations [sɔsjete de nɑsjɔ̃]) was the first worldwide intergovernmental organisation whose principal mission was to maintain world peace.[1] ... The main organization ceased operations on 20 April 1946 but many of its components were relocated into the new United Nations.

... The onset of the Second World War in 1939 showed that the League had failed its primary purpose; it was inactive until its abolition. The League lasted for 26 years; the United Nations (UN) replaced it in 1946 and inherited several agencies and organisations founded by the League."

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There is a movement to “unite” religions in the secular political causes. Whether it is the vaccine hoax or the climate change hoax, the UN through its world leaders has an agenda and will push it.

Religions are easy to satisfy, give them an air of legitimacy and money and they will happily parrot whatever you want them to say, in that regards it’s no different than the pope working with kings in the Middle Ages. The UN won’t unite any religions, but it will unite a lot of their messaging.

The UN is a bit of a paper tiger when it comes to its actual stated goals, but when it comes to pushing ideology, it’s a tool used to cudgel the weak leaders of Western nations.

As long as the West has no moral backbone it won’t stand up to the people that push false narratives and any institution will be used to push the ideology and nations like China and Russia that have recognized the moral breakdown in Western society will be glad to use the UN as a tool to push for more and whether that is through the WHO or the pope, makes no difference to them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''There is a movement to “unite” religions in the secular political causes. Whether it is the vaccine hoax or the climate change hoax, the UN through its world leaders has an agenda and will push it.''

That's why the Borg is/was part of the UN for 9 years, and got caught.

They likely are still with the UN but in a different capacity but with the OSCE.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Beth Sarim:

That's why the Borg is/was part of the UN for 9 years, and got caught.

The JWs were never ‘part of the UN”, and it is important to get these details right because JWs will be quick to say ‘apostates are lying’. They were associated with the UN’s Department of Public Information as an NGO, which is not at all ‘membership’. However, it was hypocritical because one of the requirements of the NGO association is to promote the UN’s activities and goals, examples of which they had to provide to the DPI. There were various Awake! articles to that effect during the 1990s. Obviously, being recognised as a valid religious denomination by the UN DPI would have its advantages particularly when dealing with other government bodies. (Also, the Watch Tower Society claim, after being caught out, that this status was required to get access to the UN library is a lie.)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

so who thinks when/if the UN gets their one world religion that the JW will be part of it? I have a conspiracy theory of my own!

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Enoughisenough, I liked the video you posted about the meditation/prayer room at the UN. What could the dark iron ore block symbolise? I recall that Muslims venerate a black rock in Mecca. Why black? The Bible associate darkness with Satan. Any connection?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Kosonen, I watched a video, but so long ago I don't remember that much about it...other than some of those "in charge of" ( my wording for want of better ) the building of UN were very much into the occult and wanted a shrine to Satan built inside. I wish I could remember more about it. If I learn more, I will post it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit