What really is UN doing with religions?

by Kosonen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Jesus foretold that his followers would become persecuted and hated because of their faith in his name. So that would mean that the UN will be against Jesus' teachings. Maybe it is already? At least against some of Jesus' teachings. They say they are for religious freedom, but why then is there not total religious freedom in countries belonging to UN?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

The UN is a spent force and today it has no real power to shape global events. This is because the center of authority lies within the security council, which has proven over the past 20 or 30 years to be ineffective to solve international problems due the rules of veto. Why even as recently as last week, the UN security council could not pass a resolution for a simple investigation into Iranian sanction busting because of the Russia/China voting block.

We are seeing, not the end days of gentile times ... but rather the end days of the UN, as it has now just degenerated into a expensive talk fest, where secondary world powers maintain their membership only for its perceived political prestige.

Why even the GB flips its narrative from time to time, when they say that it is the nations who make up the UN are the ones who will attack the world's religions, rather that the UN itself.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Wouldn't it be something if the religions outlast the U.N.?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

After a lifetime of old Freddy Franz’ Cold-War-centric End Times script painting the UN as Darth Sidious’ Galactic Empire, realizing that it was an essentially toothless, dialed-up debating forum was a huge wake-up moment for me.

😄

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Kosonen I noticed that you said the UN has a prayer room (though the article which you linked to says it is 'The Meditation Room, sometimes called “A Room of Quiet” ' instead of calling it a prayer room). I don't find that surprising since many years after I graduated from my university I noticed in a visit to my university that it now has a prayer-meditation room for the students. It even includes a Bible and a Koran in the room. However I was initially surprised when I discovered that my university now has prayer-meditation room for the students.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Organized religions (though possibly not all currently existing ones) will very likely outlast the UN, but the UN could still be in existence in the year 2123 and beyond.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

found this short video...the comments were interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj2_uVFReiI

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The UN could very well exist in the year 2123 and beyond.

But they could "adopt" a different name like the League on Nations did when they became the UN in the 1940's.

The the Borg could claim it was a "Bible Prophecy'' again pointing to an ''end times'' fulfillment The merry-go-round goes on a century from now. The sheeple will be as gullible then as they are now and believe it hook line and sinker.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Everything is proof we’re right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!!!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit