Wanna see me stick my foot in my mouth? Its a question for you women,

by William Penwell 78 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Willaim, I was one of the girls who truely wanted to find a good guy, but what I always ended up with were cheaters, verbal abusers, etc. From what you said about yourself, you were the kind of guy I wanted. I never learned to play the games people play and didn't/don't want to learn. The only difference now, is that I don't even want a man. I want to be single for the rest of my life. It's much easier this way.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Nosferatu,

The only thing I forked out was the cost of the air flight. She did put me up at her place. Now the fact that we didn't click was no big deal but then after we could have been friends and had a good time but she treated me like garbage. As I stated in my earlier post, I did warn her before we went I went to visit her that we may not hit it off. You are very correct in your analogy that you get a different perspective on someone if you only talk to them on the phone then meet in person. Anyway the decent thing was she still could have showed me around so I could have had a nice time. You are right it was a lesson well learned and I will never do that again. So I am guilty of stupidity, Is this a crime??

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

WildHorses,

I feel for you but you shouldn't give up. You may still meet that special someone.

Anyway that is the point I was making here but it got lost somewhere along the way. I don't care if someone doesn't like me or feels I am not her type but we are both adults here, AT LEAST BE HONEST AND SAY IT LIKE IT IS. I am tired of these little kids games being played by supposed adults. Like someone said earlier maybe I am an AH but at least have the guts to tell it to my face.

Will

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    maybe I am an AH but at least have the guts to tell it to my face.

If by AH you mean a** hole. If in fact you are one, maybe it is how you have been treated in life by women that made you that way. I know I was learning to be one, then I thought, just give men up and you won't have to worry about it.

I still like men, I just don't want to be with one at this point and time.

• jwbot
    jwbot

William, if what you wrote about yourself is true, I would not consider you the a**hole type (I will censor myself for you).

Honesty does not make you a jerk. If I looked bad in pants, then tell me, its cool. I like an honest guy, and I like a guy with confidence, and I like NICE GUYS! I am sorta a bleeding heart myself, so I go for that type...but key here, is confidence.

Some people confuse confidence with being a jerk. Same with women, people confuse their confidence with being a bitch. Its too bad.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah that's the word Wildhorses but I didn't say it because I didn't want to get censored.

Actually I have not let my disappointments get me down. Some days we just like to vent our feelings. I really hope I am not an AH and I think a lot of people would agree with me on this point. Like I said earlier I really love woman just that I have not found the right one yet.

Will

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    So I am guilty of stupidity, Is this a crime??

You're guilty of demeaning yourself Positive thoughts William! They get you so much further. I had to stop doing that to myself as well.

I don't care if someone doesn't like me or feels I am not her type but we are both adults here, AT LEAST BE HONEST AND SAY IT LIKE IT IS.

Here's a sad reality William, women NEVER tell it like it is. All of them "don't want to hurt your feelings". You have to learn how to read between the lines. Learn how to translate the woman language:

"I just want to be friends" - I don't find you sexually attractive, and I'll never sleep with you.

"You're Bad" means "I WANT MORE!"

I am tired of these little kids games being played by supposed adults.

Bitching about it isn't going to do anything. Unfortunately, you have to learn how to play along. Adapting to real-life situations is the only way to deal with them.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

JWbot

Some people confuse confidence with being a jerk. Same with women, people confuse their confidence with being a bitch. Its too bad.

Yeah there is a fine line between being arrogant and confidant. You have to be confidant without being arrogant. I hate arrogant people and won't give them the time of day.

Nosferatu

Here's a sad reality William, women NEVER tell it like it is. All of them "don't want to hurt your feelings". You have to learn how to read between the lines. Learn how to translate the woman language:

Yeah I hear you and understand what your saying but woman want you to be honest with them. Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

"I just want to be friends" - I don't find you sexually attractive, and I'll never sleep with you.

My comeback to that one is "If I want a friend I will go to the SPCA."

Will

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

What do women want? What do they think? I can only speak for myself but I couldn't have said it better than Nosferatu....

Men who take complete control of their own lives and actions will get much farther, not only in their business transactions, but in human transactions, which includes WOMEN.

Look after yourself first, and people will follow you. They'll see you as a strong person and will look up to you.

So there you have it, William. A pushover is never attractive to me. Neither is an arrogant guy on constant ego trips. Being balanced is really the best way to go.

YC

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Yeah I hear you and understand what your saying but woman want you to be honest with them. Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

I know the hypocrisy. I've had to deal with that one too. When they ask you a question you don't want to answer, tell them an obvious lie - but make it funny, just like the pants comment I mentioned earlier. Here's another example:

Her: Where were you last night?
    Me : I hired 30 strippers to dance naked in my room.

My comeback to that one is "If I want a friend I will go to the SPCA."

That's pretty good! Mine was always "I have lots of friends, I don't need any more".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit