Do you tell your spouse or partner EVERYTHING?

by doodle-v 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Do you tell your spouse or partner EVERYTHING?

Yep.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Seriously though... I do not have a problem with my wife not telling me everything. I know that she sometimes doesn't want to tell me things, and that's ok. I believe it's nothing major... just silly mistakes she might have made and feels embarrassed about. It doesn't really bother me. I trust her and respect her privacy. (BTW, I'm talking about stuff that doesn't affect the integrity of the marriage, you pervs!)

I do not think this is a black/white issue. It depends on the personalities of the people involved, for one. Some would hate to know that their mate hides some things. The seriousness of the "issue" is also a factor. It also depends on how much time has passed since the "issue" transpired.

So, for example, the fact that I never told my wife about some worldly girl I liked when I was in 8th grade shouldn't be a big deal... she shouldn't get mad at me. I wasn't really hiding this per se... it just never came up. She never asked me if I liked a girl when I was in 8th grade! So you're not mad, right babe? Right?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ditto Watson, he is so wise. . .

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

For the most part i do , but there have been a few times that she has told me " I wish you wouldnt share what you belive " its usually the SERIOUS things . Its tough to know what to share and what not to. I would perfer to have everthing out in the open myself , be it good or bad.

NwS

• Savage_Buda
    Savage_Buda

Well there is a difference between sharing your beliefs and telling the truth.

I think in any relationship there has to be honesty but there is a difference between rudeness and respecful.

Now as far as truth is, we are full disclosure. I've seen it time and time again, "Yes honey I went to the bar with my friends" when it should have been "yes honey I went to the strip bar with my friends." While a bar was visited, the key point of strip bar was missed.

I'm the other half and for us, since we've come from really bad relationships that the only way we feel happy is to be totally honest and straight forward. We both have friends that have only made it to year 5 and then divorce. Even our own lives have made it to year 5 then we broke up.

We don't want to be sitting in our house 4 years from now, yelling at each other about how awful each one is or "I thought you were a different person".

But of course, I didn't tell her about the time I gave this girlfriend at the time a hickey on her shoulder. Hey I was 14 and we were at a movie sponsered by the summer camp we were in. I thought I was being kewl but instead I was a nerdy 14 year old sucking on a girls shoulder - thankfully I am really happy to say that I have moved from hickeys on the shoulder to sweet kisses on the neck.

Well Truth be told - Doodle-V is the one I really do love, she is my friend and my lover.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Savage_Buda: Well said!

I didn't tell her about the time I gave this girlfriend at the time a hickey on her shoulder.

Did you also forget to tell her that this "girlfriend" was really another boy?

Just kidding! (Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I haven't told Jon about my lust for Farkel. . .should I?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

you could tell him while he's asleep. i do that. makes me feel better, and i'm a rotten liar, so if he asks me about whatever it is later, i can say with a free conscience..."but, babe, i TOLD you that three nights ago, and you didnt say a word!"

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

My Partner knows everything about me, we share all of our thoughts with each other, our relationship is built on complete trust.

monk3y

• smack
    smack

Hell no, and I don't wanna know everything about jmack either.

we should all have secrets.

smack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit