Preaching = Salvation... NOPE!

by Divergent 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Today's text:

Monday, January 25

To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.—Matt. 25:40.

Early in his discourse found in Matthew chapters 24 and 25, Jesus indicated that the sign of his presence would include a remarkable feature—the good news of the Kingdom would “be preached in all the inhabited earth.” (Matt. 24:14) And just prior to talking about the sheep and the goats, he related the illustration of the talents. Jesus gave that illustration to stress to his spirit-anointed disciples, his “brothers,” that they must zealously engage in the preaching work. However, the small number of anointed ones left on earth during Jesus’ presence face an enormous challenge—that of preaching to “all the nations” before the end comes. The illustration of the sheep and the goats shows that the anointed would have help. Therefore, a primary way that those judged to be sheep show kindness to Christ’s brothers is by supporting them in the preaching work. w15 3/15 4:9, 10

Hmm... let us now consider the full text:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Obviously, Jesus was talking about acts of kindness toward others, NOT preaching! The lesson of the illustration of the talents is to use resources entrusted to you wisely so that you would not be held accountable, NOT natural talents given to you by God to be used in preaching as interpreted by WT! Preaching = salvation? Nope!!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Acts of kindness to others. That's a more spiritual likeness to it.
  • jhine
    jhine

So let me get this straight , only the Annointed Ones have the job of spreading the Good News . So why is everyone else being sent door to door , or propping up carts ? Have I missed something ?

Jan

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    last elder I spoke to told me it doesn't matter if the good news is correct.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    or not
  • prologos
    prologos
    and "-- done to the least --" and not to the top 7 , the only certified brothers of "christ". and: the "sheep" ask when did we do this? but: since the GB tells the Other Sheep now that they have to do it to them as service, ,the sheep could not ask that question in the supposed judgement to come. they enter it in full confidence that they knew when they put in those hours, those visits, those placements and now played those videos. twisted bible applications as distorted as the squawks that came out of the phonographs.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Ucantnome:

last elder I spoke to told me it doesn't matter if the good news is correct.

If it doesn't matter if the good news is correct or not, then it should likewise NOT matter if we preach the "good news" or not!

• Divergent
    Divergent

prologos:

and "-- done to the least --" and not to the top 7 , the only certified brothers of "christ". and: the "sheep" ask when did we do this? but: since the GB tells the Other Sheep now that they have to do it to them as service, ,the sheep could not ask that question in the supposed judgement to come.

From my observations, it is "the least" who are the most neglected in congregations. Little or no help is provided for those without a status & who have nothing to offer in return. Congregation members are judged based on the number of hours they put in field circus, NOT on acts of love shown toward fellow believers & outsiders! JW's claim to be following Matt 25, but it's so obvious that they are doing it wrong!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ephesians 2:8,9

For it is by Grace you are saved!!!

NIV and NKJV

There it is, by grace!!!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    "Ephesians 2:8,9

For it is by Grace you are saved!!!

NIV and NKJV

There it is, by grace!!! "

No-one ever said anything else. The point is that your faith manifests itself in acts, but the acts in themselves are of no value unless there is love and they are made because of the faith - and salvation is not because of this, but because of grace. No-one in the JW community ever said or meant anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit