The slow trickle has become a steady stream!

by freddo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doubtfully Yours - "The WTBTS is being cornered into change if they want to survive."

I think a strong argument could be made that - in the case of the WTBTS - they'd rather not survive than let themselves be cornered into changing that drastically.

Fine by me, of course.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

in the 80's we had the revelation book, the cold war, etc everyone was trying to decode everything political leaders said to try and hear "peace & security". who was the king of the north and south.. yadda yadda yadda. What now?

I feel we are far from those days and the rank & file are lacking something to keep their eschatology attention. Its utterly redundant and boring with embarrassing new advancements that people say they love, but lets face it, it smacks of mega church culture now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Isnt there a scripture about the small one becoming a mighty nation??

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

2 Halls locally are packed every time I drive by.

Steady stream goes in and a steady stream goes out. Nothing new.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

Somehow, in looking at the nature of your post history, I don't really believe you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    How many of us came here or to other "apostate" sites/meetings/material with the express purpose of proving those wicked apostates WRONG??? I did. Decades ago. I was just a kid and it was before CoC. . . and TTATT was evident. I had spent the summer before vacation pioneering. I was all in. Years later, took another look (saw how stupid 15 year olds could be when my sister got up to some silliness)and wanted to make sure it wasn't age related stupidity that drew me out. By THEN, CoC had come out. I knew I would never go back after an assembly at the Tacoma Dome. It was so flipping stupid and my little boy was with me and I couldn't imagine trying to tell him any of it with a straight face, I couldn't imagine isolating him, making him fear and hate in that way. I walked out and didn't go back (infamous Tacoma Dome Parking Scandal happened that year, I remember them selling parking passes at hall)
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

There is some truth to that, but misleading. The halls might be packed but I wonder how many are there in dissent and out of obligation. There parking lots may seam full but there coffers are drying up. Not a cent from me, that's how I vote...."Nada"

MC

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    2 Halls locally are packed...

Might that also be an effect of closing/selling other local hall(s). I thought part of the reason for selling halls was to consolidate, thus making greater use of the halls they keep.

Just a thought.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

I can't help but wonder if the cult is just evolving to the point that all you get is really in people, and that in turn drives other people to learn TTATT.

So soon all that will be left is jus the uber dub's. Which is really all the GB want, besides there money that is.

I can say I personally thought I might be one rare elder that escaped. This site proved me dead wrong on that. But I did notice that for all the former elders that I have read about, they all have the common theme of actually caring for people. Obedience trumps caring, and thus we have the uber dub division.

I

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    People want answers. People are '''tired of waiting''. They come here to vent and ask questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit