Non-believers......... Do they "bash" Believers too hard?

by gumby 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I've been to the C of E as well, but I think Stephanie and Elvis may have been institutionalized... I think it's gone now.

All Hail McMenamins!

• seven006
    seven006

Elvis still plays at the Saturday market. He's quite a character. Iv seen him go at it with street preachers. They tell him how sacrilegious the church of Elvis is and he plays them a little tune on his guitar and then tells them to fuck off. He cracks me up.

Phantom stranger, do we know who you are?

Dave

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I dunno... do we? :)

I live in Stumptown, but I moved here long, long after my departure from the Program. Pretty sure there's a red dot on my address on the territory card though.

So you would only know me from this board... or from my haunts - the Fulton, Chez Jose, Byways, SteppingStone Cafe...

greetings from LittleBeirut (as the Bush family calls it)

PS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Not LEGAL! Jim didn't tell me that part! I thought we were making a religious compromise. I want my $5.00 back.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Many people seem to believe that religious claims should not be subject to the same kind of investigation as other claims. It's OK to laugh at someone who thinks they have been abducted by aliens, but somebody who believes they are in direct commuication with the 2000 year old ghost of a Jewish carpenter is supposedly deserving of respect. Ridiculous claims should be exposed as such, whether or not they have centuries of tradition behind them.

• integ
    integ

no

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I hear you, funkyderek - but I gotta ask, why do we need to?

Is that our continuing mission - to boldy go, to seek out and uncover other's ridiculous behaviors and beliefs? I agree that they should be subject to examination... but most of us don't work for Dateline, even though some of us seem to act like it. Investigation (according to my Frank and Joe Hardy Detective Handbook:) is a kind of intrusive and uni-directional activity, with no real interactivity (it's not discussion, which I think was the point of the original thread question).

OK, if I don't agree with them, and I think they're silly, why do I need to rub their nose in it? Then it's not about them being wrong... it's about me being right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit