Can’t cope with being disfellowshipped…..Need some advice

by xxBettyBoopxx 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2
    Take it from someone who was reinstated last March and will be disfellowshipped again this week. The elders will really put you through it particularly if you are a woman, I have just had 14 months of hell. Elders now know that people are getting reinstated just to have contact with their families and after reinstatement they will hound you and check up on you to find reasons to kick you out again. Be prepared for an awful time. x
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Your second question re holy spirit betrays a lack of trust in them and God....you have doubts....you dare to raise such a question! You should be df...oh wait, you already are!! Actually, whatever you do, I wish you well....

• cofty
    cofty
    What you need to do is find a Church with real people to talk to, who will introduce you to the love of Jesus Christ.

That is the worst advice anybody could ever give an exJW

If for social reasons you want to meet with a relaxed theologically liberal church who could not care less what you believe then fair enough.

Otherwise why would you swap one set of superstitions for another?

All churches are cults. It's only a matter of degree.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus Christ does not agree with your opinion

Jesus is a pile of dust somewhere in the middle east.

and neither do I.

I don't worry too much about opinions. I am very impressed by verifiable facts if you have any.

Religion should be at the very bottom of anybody's to-do list when they leave the cult.

• A Ha
    A Ha

Does he talk to you often? What does his voice sound like?

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus Christ is very much alive in the homes and hearts of 2.2 billion Christians

Interesting metaphor.

Muhammad is alive in the homes and hearts of 1.6 billion Muslims.

The love that they have for his teachings is as immortal as the Son of God himself

Well I was a born-again, saved, adopted son of god for almost a decade after I left the cult. So it turned out not to be an immortal love.

introduce her to the real Christ that saves people everyday

Saves people from what exactly?

• Chook
    Chook

Betty, it's not that men can forgive sin, all church's have confessional arrangements, you have to ask yourself is God behind the arrangement of embarrassing you ( public announcement) at KH. It's good for some humans to unload their hearts before God and friends, but to embarrass has no scriptal basis, even according to 1947 awake disfellowshipping is an pagan practice. Run Betty Run

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus will save everyone from becoming a JW, provided that are not conned by the JW's

So will he or won't he?

Were you ever a JW BRJ or did Jesus tell you to come here to preach?

• cofty
    cofty

NO BRJ is hijacking the thread by advising an exJW to go to church and find Jesus.

Not going to let that sort of bullshit pass unchallenged ever.

• cofty
    cofty
    she has a hole in her soul looking for meaning

Do you have a whole collection of those platitudes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit