What Do You Think Would Make A Witness Decide It Was Now Time To Leave The “Truth”?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is there anything that will make that loyal Witness ever see the light?? You know, that well respected elder, Pioneer, or Witness who has been in the “Truth “ for decades.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

who has been in the “Truth “ for decades.

They will die believing the WT is the truth just like all those millions who died believing the Sun revolved around the earth.

We haven't reached that particular time "YET" when all JWs see the truth for what it is--A big Con job"

But young ones like me are seeing it and leaving.

Need to let time take care of those well respected elders, Pioneers, or Witness who has been in the “Truth “ for decades.

I say another 30 years and they are done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfCzBXDx08

• Tahoe
    Tahoe
    If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? -Sam Harris
  • minimus
    minimus

I believe there is always SOMETHING that can get to a JWs heart and or mind.

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

I know a few über PIMI's and they're looking at something happening within the next 5 years max, after that I think they'll be out.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

For me, it was having to pass on the teachings of the watchtower to my kids. I could live in a Gray zone of not believing everything where I was picking and choosing what to believe and not. But with kids... there is no Gray zone. So I left.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe if they passed out kool aid, everyone drank. No poison, just plain kool aid. Then telling everyone who drank, it was a test of loyalty.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    Was Lou Rawls ever a JW? He has that "bossy elder" look.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I think there is a base of JWs that just don’t want to think about anything else, and prefer being told what to do, and would do nothing to jeopardize their social spiritual network. I think there is a far larger group that knows it is probably all BS, and are struggling through.

The end not coming, new light changes, shunning of loved ones etc must eat away at normal folks shouldn’t it???? 😞🤔

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

When lots of kingdom halls that they know are sold off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit